ProZ teams - doubt on a rule
Thread poster: Sara Fiorelli

Sara Fiorelli
Italy
Local time: 11:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2008

Hello everyone. I was browsing the web site to have information about ProZ.com internal teams...so I looked up the rules to join teams. One of these rules sounds strange to me. It sais:

2. Who can be a part of a ProZ.com translation team?

Any ProZ.com member can be part of a team. However, only ProZ.com members can create a new team, invite other translators, and have control over the team's settings.

...now...any ProZ.com member can be part of a team and create it as well?!? I guess there's a mistake...I tought that any ProZ.com USER could join a team and members could create it too. That would sound more correct to me. Is it right? Is there a mistake or actually only members can join groups? But, if so, why specify with "however"??
Thanks for your replies!

Direct link Reply with quote

Enrique
Local time: 06:45
SITE STAFF
FAQ corrected Jan 21, 2008

Dear Sara, thanks for spotting this, the corresponding FAQ has been corrected and now it reads:

2. Who can be a part of a ProZ.com translation team?

Any ProZ.com user can be part of a team. However, only ProZ.com members can create a new team, invite other translators, and have control over the team's settings.

Regards,
Enrique

Sara Fiorelli
Italy
Local time: 11:45
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok Jan 21, 2008

Thank you Enrique, I guessed it must have been so.

[Edited at 2008-01-21 09:28]

Just another thing that came to my mind: for "member" do you mean also "student member"? Can student members create teams? Thanks again.

[Edited at 2008-01-21 14:01]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ teams - doubt on a rule

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search