https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/102728-the_profile_updater_appears_to_contain_a_bug_staff%3A_not_a_bug.html

The profile updater appears to contain a bug (Staff: not a bug)
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2008

I am thoroughly tired of being told by the profile updater that I have not completed an "encouraged field", namely that of WWA entries, when I do indeed have one WWA entry. The profile updater informs me that it has to be from an outsourcer on the Blue Board, in order for it to count - but it actually is. Does anyone else have this annoying bug, and why can nothing be done about it, when we are so often plagued by the profile updater and reminders to update our profiles?

Astrid
... See more
I am thoroughly tired of being told by the profile updater that I have not completed an "encouraged field", namely that of WWA entries, when I do indeed have one WWA entry. The profile updater informs me that it has to be from an outsourcer on the Blue Board, in order for it to count - but it actually is. Does anyone else have this annoying bug, and why can nothing be done about it, when we are so often plagued by the profile updater and reminders to update our profiles?

Astrid

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-04-19 15:12]
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:18
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
This is not a bug, plus you may opt out of reminders Apr 19, 2008

Hi Astrid,

Your WWA entry is perfectly valid and it is shown in your profile. On the other hand the corresponding field appear red in the profile updater for reasons explained in the FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/WWA#WWA_completion

17. The WWA item is marked incomplete in my quick profile updater even though I have received an entry. Why?

The quick profile updater will show the WWA item (which is an 'encouraged' item rather than a 'required' one) as complete only if an entry has been received from an outsourcer that has verified identity or has itself received at least one Blue Board entry from another site user. This requirement is intended to discourage misuse of the WWA system.

Visibility can be changed at will

Please note that at the top right corner of your profile updater there is a link "Opt-out of reminders" that will take you to a check-box "Opt-out of "update your profile" reminders". If you tick this box you will to not receive reminders or invitations to complete your profile.

Regards,
Enrique

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:18
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Enrique! Apr 19, 2008

Then, I will make a call for entries on the Blue Board.

Many thanks for your quick answer.

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The profile updater appears to contain a bug (Staff: not a bug)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »