job notifications do not correspond to the rates entered in profile
Thread poster: xxx xxx
xxx xxx
Local time: 23:41
Jul 8, 2003

Hallo,

I am sure it has been mentioned before but I would just like to confirm that the job notification system still does not work as it should. As far as I know we should not be bothered with calls for quotes if the rates given by the agency are below the minimum rates we have entered in our profiles.

However, I keep getting notifications for jobs which are paid way under my rates. Could the reason be that I entered my rates in Euros and not in US$ even though the job announcement gives the rates in US$ and in Euros?

I must admit that it is annoying to get such a notification at the time you would want to finish your day's work and you have to waste your time on such a notification till you finally realize that the offer is not for you just because of the offered rates.

Maybe Henry or someone else could remove the bug or give me a hint how to avoid this problem in the future?

Diane

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:41
English to German
+ ...
Please send me the details Jul 8, 2003

Hallo Diane,
Can you please send me the details, particularly the job ID/URL privately, together with your rates?

Thanks, Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

job notifications do not correspond to the rates entered in profile

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search