https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_bugs/130-name_instead_of_nickname_displayed.html

name instead of nickname displayed
Thread poster: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:37
English to German
Jun 29, 2001

Hi there,

In the past my nickname showed when I answered questions. All of a sudden, my full name is displayed instead. How did this happen? And how can I go back to displaying my nickname?

Thanks in advance.

sparkie

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:37
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 29, 2001

There is an option, accessible from your profile page, that allows you to choose whether to show your real name or your username throughout the site.

To reach it, do this:

Login > CLick on your name > Click on \"Edit your profile\"

Note that if you choose to show your real name, your login name will still appear in some places...especially where space is tight.

On the other hand, if you decide to only show your username, y
... See more
There is an option, accessible from your profile page, that allows you to choose whether to show your real name or your username throughout the site.

To reach it, do this:

Login > CLick on your name > Click on \"Edit your profile\"

Note that if you choose to show your real name, your login name will still appear in some places...especially where space is tight.

On the other hand, if you decide to only show your username, your real name will never appear.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

name instead of nickname displayed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »