Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jun 14, 2009

The system keeps sending me so-called Glossary building questions though I have never agreed to cooperate in this idiotic endeavour. How can I stop these reminders? Proz behaves like the worst junk-mailers in this respect.

I'm not going to help building glossaries on the web, not on Proz nor anywhere else.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:54
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
This can be configured in the dashboard Jun 14, 2009

The answer to this question can be found in the following FAQ.

I selected for you the option "Ignore glossary-building questions" so you should not receive any further GBK notification.

Enrique

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Don't worry Jun 14, 2009

If you'll try to answer what is "horse" in Finnish, to your astonishment you will find out you cannot, because you have not mentioned zoology as your speciality. So you hardly can help to build this glossary even if you wanted to. Not to mention the value of a glossary, which is built by 365 new terms yearly, all of them already available in any existing printed or online dictionary.

And yes, I too receive these questions and remainders and do not know how to unsubscribe from them.<
... See more
If you'll try to answer what is "horse" in Finnish, to your astonishment you will find out you cannot, because you have not mentioned zoology as your speciality. So you hardly can help to build this glossary even if you wanted to. Not to mention the value of a glossary, which is built by 365 new terms yearly, all of them already available in any existing printed or online dictionary.

And yes, I too receive these questions and remainders and do not know how to unsubscribe from them.

Uldis

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

The system keeps sending me so-called Glossary building questions though I have never agreed to cooperate in this idiotic endeavour. How can I stop these reminders? Proz behaves like the worst junk-mailers in this respect.

I'm not going to help building glossaries on the web, not on Proz nor anywhere else.

Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:54
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
To unsubscribe from GBK notifications Jun 14, 2009

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

And yes, I too receive these questions and remainders and do not know how to unsubscribe from them.

Please have a look at the FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/terminology_term_help/glossary_building_kudoz.html#i_want_or_do_not_want_to_receive_notifications_about_gbk_questions_what_should_i_do_

You should be able to unsubscribe from GBK notifications. If you have problems doing so please submit a support request.

Enrique

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Thank you Enrique Jun 14, 2009

I hope I managed to unsubscribe.

Uldis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why Glossary building questions to me?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »