IT jobs? (i.e. top language combination only out of 3 combs) (ProZ.com bugs)"> Any idea why "My Prefs" only lists EN>IT jobs? (i.e. top language combination only out of 3 combs) (ProZ.com bugs)

Any idea why "My Prefs" only lists EN>IT jobs? (i.e. top language combination only out of 3 combs)
Thread poster: Luca Tutino

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:59
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2010

This time I am quite sure. Homepage Translation jobs pane does not include all relevant jobs in Your Prefs tab.

There is a FR>IT job posted at 18:48 today, for which I received a mail notification, which is visible in the All pairs tab of the Translation jobs pane, but does not come up on the Your prefs tab.

FR>IT is among my top 3 language combinations, is a working combination, is marked for mail notification in the jobs dashboard and the job posting does not have a price indication (hence is not below my minimum).

Even in the "Proz.com Job Postings" page (http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/), if I Search Jobs by selecting "My languages" in the Languages drop down list, the resulting page misses the FR>IT job! However I can see 2 FR>IT jobs posted today if I select "French to Italian" in the above dropodown.

The same happens if I select my third combination "Dutch to Italian".

I could not find any relevant setting wrong in my configuration. Any suggestions? Is this behaviour normal?

Luca

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any idea why "My Prefs" only lists EN>IT jobs? (i.e. top language combination only out of 3 combs)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search