Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:35
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2004

I just have received notification that I am featured on the ProZ homepage. Message has been sent 1 minute ago and stated that I'll be featured for the following 15 minutes. I refreshed ProZ homepage and saw that there is another member's logo on it...
The same happened two days ago.
Taking into account these notifications I also haven't been featured for a month - since 16 November, after I have been featured 3 times every second day...icon_smile.gif

May be there is a bug in the system?

Jason Grimes
Local time: 22:35
SITE STAFF
It can take a few minutes for all web servers to update featured pro Dec 20, 2004

Natalya Zelikova wrote:
I just have received notification that I am featured on the ProZ homepage. Message has been sent 1 minute ago and stated that I'll be featured for the following 15 minutes. I refreshed ProZ homepage and saw that there is another member's logo on it...

Hi Natalya,

It can take a few minutes for all web servers to update the featured pro after it has been changed. You may have visited the site in that interval.

Taking into account these notifications I also haven't been featured for a month - since 16 November, after I have been featured 3 times every second day...icon_smile.gif

The featured pro is chosen at random from eligible members, which isn't the same as an even distribution. It is quite possible to be chosen frequently in a short period of time and then to have a short "dry spell" when you aren't selected at all. However, I will keep an eye on it to see if there is something wrong.

Best regards,

Jason

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:35
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
I never was... Dec 20, 2004

Not that it matters much for me, but I've never received a notification that I was featured. I'm platinum since the middle of August. Also, I've never seen myself featured at the proZ homepage...

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
I think I have been featured once Dec 22, 2004

I also received a notice (once) that I was featured but was already gone by the time I looked. AFAIK, that was the one and only time I was ever featured. Some people seem to be featured on a regular basis every couple of weeks. Is there a method to the madness?icon_razz.gif . No, am definitely not losing sleep over this-just curious. icon_smile.gif

Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 05:35
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Lucky you! Dec 22, 2004

writeaway wrote:
I also received a notice (once) that I was featured but was already gone by the time I looked. AFAIK, that was the one and only time I was ever featured.

But not as lucky as Natalya, though. Not mentioning me.
Being a mathematician, I would like to know how the randomizer works (and how all the thing ticks). Just out of a curiosity.icon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"You are featured" But it's not me...

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search