Thread poster: Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:01
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 1, 2001

Day before yesterday, 9/29, I received no term questions whatsoever, even though some new questions were posted. (Same thing happened the weekend before, but then questions miraculously began appearing again on Monday, 9/24 - however, it was generally impossible to see any questions without getting SQL error messages.)

As of yesterday, 9/30, I am getting only German > English questions.

I had not made any changes to my e-mail settings, in fact, I just checked them again - i
... See more
Day before yesterday, 9/29, I received no term questions whatsoever, even though some new questions were posted. (Same thing happened the weekend before, but then questions miraculously began appearing again on Monday, 9/24 - however, it was generally impossible to see any questions without getting SQL error messages.)

As of yesterday, 9/30, I am getting only German > English questions.

I had not made any changes to my e-mail settings, in fact, I just checked them again - it\'s all there.

Seems there\'ve been all sorts of problems over the past week or two - any idea what might be wrong, and even more importantly, when they might be fixed?

Thanks for any info!
Collapse

Liv Bliss (X)
Liv Bliss (X)  Identity Verified
Russian to English
Oct 1, 2001

Me too me too me too. I\'ve seen no new term queries for several days (no job postings, either, though that\'s no doubt because there haven\'t been any new jobs of late). And I also get the SQL server error message frequently.

I thought it was me messing up as usual, until I checked the Bugs forum and found myself assuredly not alone. Misery loves company. (PS. It\'s still the best darn site on the Web, though.)

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Oct 1, 2001

Adding to the mystery:

In paging through the Ger>Eng questions and looking at the dates and times, it seems that I\'ve been receiving only SOME Ger>Eng questions. It also seems that nothing came through after about 2:20 AM PDT today ... There were quite a few questions (and answers) posted after that time, but the last email notification in my inbox is time-stamped 2:19 AM. All other later emails came from other senders.

Henry, thanks for any help you can provide!

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:01
German to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2001

Curiouser and curiouser! I\'ve been having the same problems with receiving e-mails. Some arriving, some arriving three times, and some not arriving at all. And I\'ve now just received into my inbox notification of queries posted on Saturday (it\'s now Monday evening).

All very strange! But I haven\'t had the SQL error at all today

Regards

Mary

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:01
SITE FOUNDER
Oct 3, 2001

Quote:

On 2001-10-01 10:36, MaryR wrote:

I\'ve been having the same problems with receiving e-mails...

All very strange! But I haven\'t had the SQL error at all today

Right. In upgrading to take care of the SQL error, we introduced some mail confusion. Sorry, this is one we are still working on.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:01
SITE FOUNDER
Done. Oct 18, 2001

We have not seen email problems since our upgrade several weeks ago. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving only some term questions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »