Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Weird happenings with availability setting
Thread poster: writeaway
writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2005

Strange as it may seem. I have noticed that my availability setting seems to show up (for me at least) on other people's sites. For instance, yesterday mine went back to gray. When I checked one or two colleagues to see if they were busy, they were gray too. Then I changed mine back to red-and I noticed that those that had been gray were red too! (I had been wondering about this for a while). Then I purposely changed mine to green and low and behold-everyone else I looked at had green too. I set... See more
Strange as it may seem. I have noticed that my availability setting seems to show up (for me at least) on other people's sites. For instance, yesterday mine went back to gray. When I checked one or two colleagues to see if they were busy, they were gray too. Then I changed mine back to red-and I noticed that those that had been gray were red too! (I had been wondering about this for a while). Then I purposely changed mine to green and low and behold-everyone else I looked at had green too. I set mine back to red and the same thing happened.
Is this prob only visible to me or is my setting actually affecting other people's settings?
Collapse

Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:43
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Hmm, it works fine for me Apr 19, 2005

I just checked mine with yours, and having just set mine to green about 10 minutes ago, I saw that yours was red. Then I changed to red, yours remained red, and now I'm back to green and yours still remains red. What does mine look like to you now that mine is green?

Gayle

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RED Apr 19, 2005

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

I just checked mine with yours, and having just set mine to green about 10 minutes ago, I saw that yours was red. Then I changed to red, yours remained red, and now I'm back to green and yours still remains red. What does mine look like to you now that mine is green?

Gayle

When I look at yours (finding your page via the leaders page) yours is red (like mine)

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Hmm, let me try another way Apr 19, 2005

I didn't try the leaders' page...wait a sec.

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Very strange...I can't find you! Apr 19, 2005

I can't find you anywhere today! I looked at the new freelance directory and tried all different kinds of searches to find you, language pairs, coutry, speicialties and you are no where to be found for me!

We need some technical assistance here.

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
OK found you Apr 19, 2005

Alright, I found you, but only in the leaders list. And you are right, if I click on your name there, you are Green like me. And when I change to red, you are red like me. There is a bug here.

However, more seriously, I can't find you in the freelance directory. I'm going to try again.

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Finally found you in new freelance directory Apr 19, 2005

Ok, I finally found you, but I can't use Belgium when looking for you. I didn't realize that you didn't enter your country in your specific information. There you are red, and I'm green. It's the "Leaders Page" that has a bug, as you said in the beginning.
Gayle

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Gayle Apr 19, 2005

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

Ok, I finally found you, but I can't use Belgium when looking for you. I didn't realize that you didn't enter your country in your specific information. There you are red, and I'm green. It's the "Leaders Page" that has a bug, as you said in the beginning.
Gayle

Glad it's a bug and not just my imagination

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 03:43
SITE STAFF
Thanks, I'll fix this Apr 19, 2005

Thanks for noticing this, writeaway and Gayle. I will fix this problem shortly.

Best regards,

Jason

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Jason Apr 19, 2005

I love helpful little penguins!
Gayle

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jason! Apr 19, 2005

Jack Russells like Penguins too

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 03:43
SITE STAFF
Should be fixed now Apr 19, 2005

This problem should be corrected now, please let me know if it continues.

Best regards,

Jason

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Jason. Apr 19, 2005

It's fixed for me.

Gayle

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Jack Russells Apr 19, 2005

writeaway wrote:

Is that your terrier's real name?

writeaway
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Gayle and thanks again Jason Apr 19, 2005

Gayle Wallimann wrote:

writeaway wrote:

Is that your terrier's real name?

Her name is Dixie (Penguins waddle, Jacks run at 100 km/h).

Works fine here too Jason (delay in responding due to ISP and never-ending time outs......)

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird happenings with availability setting

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »