Peer grading link doesn\'t work
Thread poster: Ian Ferguson
Ian Ferguson
Ian Ferguson
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:45
Spanish to English
Oct 21, 2001

Several times I have attempted to grade Kudoz answers and add comments (Ihave, of couse, been logged in), but my gradings have not registered on the answers page.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:45
SITE FOUNDER
More details, please Oct 22, 2001

What steps do you take to grade? What message do you get after submitting the grade?

Thanks.

Ian Ferguson
Ian Ferguson
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem with grading link Oct 23, 2001

1. I click on the \"Log in to peer grade this answer\" link.

2. If I have not already logged on in the session, I get an \"Enter Network Password\" dialogue box.

3. I get to the same page, but with boxes for grading and comment, and my login appears in the box top left of the page.

4. I select the grade, type my comment in the box, and click on \"grade\". So far, so good!

5. The screen goes blank for a few seconds, then I\'m b
... See more
1. I click on the \"Log in to peer grade this answer\" link.

2. If I have not already logged on in the session, I get an \"Enter Network Password\" dialogue box.

3. I get to the same page, but with boxes for grading and comment, and my login appears in the box top left of the page.

4. I select the grade, type my comment in the box, and click on \"grade\". So far, so good!

5. The screen goes blank for a few seconds, then I\'m back to the same page as before, without the boxes, and my grading does not appear. There is no message.

Just to confuse matters further, I\'ve found that it works perfectly well when I\'m logged on from another computer, so maybe the bug\'s at my end?
[addsig]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 12:45
SITE FOUNDER
maybe a browser issue? Oct 23, 2001

Thanks for the details; It was not clear to me that you had been referring to peer grading.

Would you be willing to help me test?

This may be a browser issue. If you can help, please check the following: What happens if, on the same computer that gives you trouble, you use a different browser? If you do not have a second browser, you can download from microsoft, netscape or opera for free.

Let me know what browser gives you trouble,
... See more
Thanks for the details; It was not clear to me that you had been referring to peer grading.

Would you be willing to help me test?

This may be a browser issue. If you can help, please check the following: What happens if, on the same computer that gives you trouble, you use a different browser? If you do not have a second browser, you can download from microsoft, netscape or opera for free.

Let me know what browser gives you trouble, and what operating system you use. If I am able to replicate the problem here, I will be able to solve it...
Collapse

Ian Ferguson
Ian Ferguson
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Possibly inadequate memory Oct 23, 2001

Both systems are running IE5.00 in Windows 2000. I am aware that my system at home, the one which gives the problem, does not really have adequate memory (32MB) for the operating system and software that I\'m running. In the next few days I intend to upgrade to 128MB. Let\'s see if that fixes the problem. If not, I\'ll go ahead with your test.
[addsig]

Ian Ferguson
Ian Ferguson
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
OK with Netscape6, still doesn´t work on IE5 Oct 28, 2001

I\'ve now upgraded my memory and downloaded Netscape6. I find that the link works on Netscape, but it still doesn\'t work on IE5. Could it be a problem with my settings?

Another possibility: Does this function depend on a cookie? I use a program called Ad-Aware, which finds and kills \"Spyware\". Maybe this program mistook your cookie for something undesireable and zapped it. If I could get the cookie back, and if I knew it\'s file name, I could add it to Ad-Aware\'s Ignore List.
... See more
I\'ve now upgraded my memory and downloaded Netscape6. I find that the link works on Netscape, but it still doesn\'t work on IE5. Could it be a problem with my settings?

Another possibility: Does this function depend on a cookie? I use a program called Ad-Aware, which finds and kills \"Spyware\". Maybe this program mistook your cookie for something undesireable and zapped it. If I could get the cookie back, and if I knew it\'s file name, I could add it to Ad-Aware\'s Ignore List.

Now (13 Nov) it sometimes works in one browser, sometimes in the other, and sometimes in neither.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-11-13 13:11 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Peer grading link doesn\'t work

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »