Thread poster: Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:03
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2006

Has anyone else noticed their profile’s gone apostrophic? I was reading mine today and it read: If youve… Ive been…. Ive worked… and no matter how hard I looked, not an apostrophe could I find, not one. Weird huh? Is this some sort of Unicode spring clean? Henrrrrrrrrrrrrry…………

I’m sure the profile wasn’t like that last time I edited it, because I have the original in a Word doc, apostrophes and all, and the way it was today just shouts “please spell check me d
... See more
Has anyone else noticed their profile’s gone apostrophic? I was reading mine today and it read: If youve… Ive been…. Ive worked… and no matter how hard I looked, not an apostrophe could I find, not one. Weird huh? Is this some sort of Unicode spring clean? Henrrrrrrrrrrrrry…………

I’m sure the profile wasn’t like that last time I edited it, because I have the original in a Word doc, apostrophes and all, and the way it was today just shouts “please spell check me dude.” Anyway I’ve put my apostrophes back in because anyone with work to offer won’t be offering it to me if I’m promoting my writing like that will they?

I bet no one is reading this anymore, everyone’s run off to check their apostrophes.
“Have one (or two) on me.’’

Mac

Apostrophe (French, from the Greek apostrofos prosodia, the accent of elision) ( ’ )
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Portfolio and personal page too. Mar 16, 2006

Missing apostrophes, dashes turned into question marks, apostrophes turned into question marks.
And my personal page. I fixed the profile and portfolio, I hope I got everything; I’ll do my personal page when I have the time, hoping no one will read it in the meantime.

[Edited at 2006-03-19 11:30]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Is it only you or has it been corrected? Mar 17, 2006

Jo, I see that you posted this yesterday, so wonder if it's been corrected since then, because when I go to your profile page, I see everything right. This is copied from your page, for instance: "If you’'ve got a document..."

In any case, if you see it still 'apostrophic', please submit a support request.

HTH,
Özden

==========

Sorry, Jo I'm afraid I missed the point in your seco
... See more
Jo, I see that you posted this yesterday, so wonder if it's been corrected since then, because when I go to your profile page, I see everything right. This is copied from your page, for instance: "If you’'ve got a document..."

In any case, if you see it still 'apostrophic', please submit a support request.

HTH,
Özden

==========

Sorry, Jo I'm afraid I missed the point in your second message that you corrected it yourself

[Edited at 2006-03-17 11:48]
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Assuming my profile got unicoded in the last few days. Mar 17, 2006

Hi Özden,
Thanks for your feedback.
Yep, I corrected the errors I could find last night, hopefully I got them all. I’m just assuming my profile was converted to Unicode sometime in the last few days because I’ve been watching for text issues since the conversion began and yesterday is the first time I noticed anything wrong.
I also noticed some forum postings with the same glitch, which had the Unicode conversion flags and looked better in Windows 2552 or whatever.
J
... See more
Hi Özden,
Thanks for your feedback.
Yep, I corrected the errors I could find last night, hopefully I got them all. I’m just assuming my profile was converted to Unicode sometime in the last few days because I’ve been watching for text issues since the conversion began and yesterday is the first time I noticed anything wrong.
I also noticed some forum postings with the same glitch, which had the Unicode conversion flags and looked better in Windows 2552 or whatever.
Jo

[Edited at 2006-03-19 11:29]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

“Apostrophic profile”

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »