SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 15, 2006

Here's a mail from the agency, I asked for a WWA feedback:

Hi Vito

I received your request to enter a rating in the WWA area of your page,
and I would be happy to do that, but when I click on the Outsourcer link
or the WWA +0 entry area, I receive an error statement and cannot enter
any data.

You may want to let the PROZ people know that and see what they say?
The error indicates

Error.

No entry maker ID was specified.

I asked a number of my contacts to enter their feedback. Since 2 weeks not a single entry. I should smell rat but I resent the request to them all.

I would feel very stupid if I'd to do it the third time, actually I'd think twice before doing it again - of course the reason can well be reluctance to enter anything, but otoh I do know my customers and a 100% strike behaviour is absolutely improbable.

[Edited at 2006-07-15 05:45]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:27
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Jul 15, 2006

Hi Vito,
If you haven't done so anyway, you should submit a Suport Request, indicating details regarding those you invited to comment (this will help ProZ.com staff check site logs, to see what happened).

The first thing I'd check with the error message shown is whether they were logged in when attempting to post.

Cheers, Ralf

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:27
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Cade meus repostos? Jul 30, 2006

Is this why none of my regular client/agencies have posted?

I have clients that send me work month after month...so, obviously they´re willing to work with me again...
But not one of them has made a WWA post for me.
Then again, the same folks who send me gracious thank yous and tell me my work is great and the end clients are giddy with joy still don´t corroborate my project history posts, either...

I don´t know if they´re just too busy to take 3 minutes
... See more

I have clients that send me work month after month...so, obviously they´re willing to work with me again...
But not one of them has made a WWA post for me.
Then again, the same folks who send me gracious thank yous and tell me my work is great and the end clients are giddy with joy still don´t corroborate my project history posts, either...

I don´t know if they´re just too busy to take 3 minutes to give me the courtesy of a little public feedback, or if they just don´t care.

Maybe they´re trying to keep me to themselves?
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:27
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I got my entries after several reminders Jul 30, 2006

After I wrote that things sort of improved in terms of successrate - but still below 50% -. I think the answerer must be logged in to be able to respond or something of this sort.

Two more cents: I would assume requests both for WWA and for portfolio confirmation look so much like mass mail, that some of them sure land in the spam box. For the rest, I'd say the readers' knee-jerk reaction is "not now, I'll do that later" or even "who's that guy again?..."

But, I dont know... Given the voluntary nature of WWAs it is of course a rather touchy issue, reminding them again ... I'll go back to my list some day in the near future and ask again for a pat on my head...

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WWA - can not enter the feedback

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »