editing posts on the boards
Thread poster: Kay Fisher
Kay Fisher
German to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2002

Hi

I posted yesterday, I was logged in but

1) My data doesn\'t show up in the left column like everyone elses does.

2) When I click on edit, it says that only the moderator or poster can edit posts.

Am I missing something here or does the system think I\'m not logged in? Do I need a different log-in for the discussion boards?

And, I posted two replies to my thread yesterday but they haven\'t showed up yet. Someone else\'s reply to the same thread was posted more than twelve hours later but has already shown up.

I know the forums are moderated, does this mean my posts weren\'t acceptable, or are some peoples posts not moderated?

I did look in the FAQ but I couldn\'t find the answers to my questions

Direct link

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:29
English to German
+ ...
New profile? Nov 14, 2002

Hi Kay,

The forum threads are indeed moderated; if you set up your profile very recently, it might take a couple of days for your user name to show up.

That\'s also the reason why the forum doesn\'t \"recognise\" you - as soon as your profile has been verified, you\'ll be able to edit your own posts.

See these threads:

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=2981&forum=14&2

www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=2917&forum=14&9

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-14 18:16 ]

Direct link

Kay Fisher
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Ralf Nov 14, 2002

If \"bew\" is two weeks ago, then this counts

I just wanted to confirm that my mail wasn\'t getting lost in the post so to speak, and didn\'t want to triplicate post just because I didn\'t see them.

Thanks

Kay

Direct link

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

editing posts on the boards

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search