Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:18
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 20, 2002

Henry,

above feature does not seem to be reinstated yet in KudoZ following the major server crash two or three weeks ago. However, I consider this function quite important since there are frequent occurrences of erroneous entries (at least in terms of spelling) which one would like to correct.

Could you please check whether this is being dealt with?

MTIA,

Steffen

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I can see it... Nov 20, 2002

...can you give the URL of a question where you don\'t see it? I\'d like to check if I can see it...

Steffen Walter
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Have a look at this one... Nov 21, 2002

http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=311638

Although it was me answering the question I\'m not able to correct the entry (wrong German spelling \"Farbbrill*i*anz\" in this case) -> got the strong suspicion that changes to entries can now only be made by those who actually entered the term in the first place.

One example to back this
... See more
http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=311638

Although it was me answering the question I\'m not able to correct the entry (wrong German spelling \"Farbbrill*i*anz\" in this case) -> got the strong suspicion that changes to entries can now only be made by those who actually entered the term in the first place.

One example to back this assumption is http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=268644 (where I myself entered the term). Here I can see the \"Edit Gloss\" feature.

Steffen

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-21 08:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-21 08:35 ]
Collapse

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:18
German to English
+ ...
I can see it too! Nov 21, 2002

I can see the edit glossary function (and have edited the glossary for you!) in both links you provide. So it\'s nothing to do with who provides the glossary entry in the first place!

However, what does strike me is that both Ralf and I are moderators, so we may be able to see this as a moderator function. Unfortunately, I can\'t log out to see if I get the function as a non-moderator, because you need a certain amount of points to access the functionality anyway.

... See more
I can see the edit glossary function (and have edited the glossary for you!) in both links you provide. So it\'s nothing to do with who provides the glossary entry in the first place!

However, what does strike me is that both Ralf and I are moderators, so we may be able to see this as a moderator function. Unfortunately, I can\'t log out to see if I get the function as a non-moderator, because you need a certain amount of points to access the functionality anyway.

Are there any other members out there experiencing the same problems?

Regards

Mary
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But it strikes me as odd (or rather as a bug)... Nov 21, 2002

Quote:

...you need a certain amount of points to access the functionality anyway.

...for the simple reason that I was able to make use of the \"Edit Gloss\" feature across the *whole* board of KudoZ questions before the server collapsed.

I see your point why you cannot come to any conclusion as to the nature of the glitch when accessing the site as \"non-moderator\", i.e. with zero points. It shouldn\'t... See more
Quote:

...you need a certain amount of points to access the functionality anyway.

...for the simple reason that I was able to make use of the \"Edit Gloss\" feature across the *whole* board of KudoZ questions before the server collapsed.

I see your point why you cannot come to any conclusion as to the nature of the glitch when accessing the site as \"non-moderator\", i.e. with zero points. It shouldn\'t be a matter of points in *my* case though but this might still apply to other members.

Steffen )

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-21 14:06 ]Collapse

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
I had the same problem until this morning Nov 21, 2002

when it disappeared, only to return later on in the day.

IOW - I can\'t edit glossary entries either

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
5 days later, problem still there Nov 26, 2002

Hi folks,

No need to reply to this - for info purposes only.

Just wanted to let you know that the problem is still alive!

I can still use the \"make pro\", \"make easy\", \"squash\", \"add gloss\" and \"edit question\", but still no sign of \"edit glossary\".

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
The problem has been rectified...? Nov 26, 2002

Hi Cilian,

Quote:

On 2002-11-26 17:39, Cilian wrote:

Hi folks,

I\'ve taken the liberty to reply nevertheless - hope you don\'t mind...

Quote:

Just wanted to let you know that the problem is still aliv... See more
Hi Cilian,

Quote:

On 2002-11-26 17:39, Cilian wrote:

Hi folks,

I\'ve taken the liberty to reply nevertheless - hope you don\'t mind...

Quote:

Just wanted to let you know that the problem is still alive!

I can still use the \"make pro\", \"make easy\", \"squash\", \"add gloss\" and \"edit question\", but still no sign of \"edit glossary\".

I\'m getting a different result - in fact, I just edited a glossary entry a moment ago (and yes, I did have the original problem which, BTW, was related to some imperfect changes in the site scripts).

Maybe your browser still has the old image in the cache - have you tried hitting F5? ▲ Collapse

Steffen Walter
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem NOT resolved for me... Nov 27, 2002

Ralf,

Quote:

Maybe your browser still has the old image in the cache - have you tried hitting F5?

Have a look at the following Q:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/316211

Tried F5 but to no avail - \"edit gloss\" box still doesn\'t ... See more
Ralf,

Quote:

Maybe your browser still has the old image in the cache - have you tried hitting F5?

Have a look at the following Q:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/316211

Tried F5 but to no avail - \"edit gloss\" box still doesn\'t show for me -> only for my own entries, such as http://www.proz.com/kudoz/316636 .

Help!

Collapse

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
same problem here Nov 27, 2002

I don\'t have the \"Edit Glossary\" link anymore, either, although I know I used to have it. I tried to edit an entry last week and couldn\'t do it, had to ask a moderator, and just now found that I still can\'t do it (the question was http://www.proz.com/kudoz/316317). I did try F5 and it didn\'t help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

\"Edit Glossary\" feature still missing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »