How do I get my credentials and my identity verified?
Thread poster: Veronika Schmoll

Veronika Schmoll  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:09
French to German
+ ...
Apr 5, 2008

My name in the freelancer directory is highlighted in dark yellow. A message appears there telling me to improve my personal profile. The only things I can imagine that they want me to do is to

-get my credentials verified
-get my identity verified

But I have two questions:

I found the information on this site that I had to send my certificates to La Plata in Argentina by fax or my postal mail in order to have Proz verify them. Did I get that right? Is there any other way of getting the credentials verified?

Who is authorized to verify my identity? I read on this site that I had to meet "a person authorized to identify my identity" in order to get them verified, but the text did not mention who had this authorization.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

[Modifié le 2008-04-05 12:04]

Direct link Reply with quote

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 21:09
SITE STAFF
Some answers Apr 5, 2008

Hi Veronika,

You see your name highlighted in the directory because it is your own. You are the only one who sees it that way.

There is also a link suggestiong ways to improve your position in the directory. That document (slightly outdated, thanks for pointing to it) provides advise, you are not required to do anything.

In case you want to verify credentials the instructions are here: http://www.proz.com/faq/credentials

If you want to verify your identity, the available procedures are here: http://www.proz.com/faq/credentials

Best regards,
Enrique

LP Schumacher  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:09
German to English
Credentials Apr 5, 2008

I found the information on this site that I had to send my certificates to La Plata in Argentina by fax or my postal mail in order to have Proz verify them. Did I get that right? Is there any other way of getting the credentials verified?

Instead of sending your credentials by surface mail, you can attach a scanned copy to a Support Ticket. Just click on "Support Ticket" from this page:

http://www.proz.com/faq/credentials#credential_verified

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get my credentials and my identity verified?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search