[Mod: members sometimes see own profile, from credentials in some profiles. No one else sees it]
Thread poster: PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:12
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 19, 2004

Dear Concerned Ones,
Please look at the credentials icon of Surendra Nepali (Profile No. 17730) where my profile is occuring without my notice. When I contacted Surendra about the same, he replied
"I dont know what are you talking about. I dont need anybody's credentials. I have nearly 15 years of experience on translation only at RSS. Really I dont know who are you. Off course I am not familiar with you."
It is possible that when I was working through cyber cafes, someone has
... See more
Dear Concerned Ones,
Please look at the credentials icon of Surendra Nepali (Profile No. 17730) where my profile is occuring without my notice. When I contacted Surendra about the same, he replied
"I dont know what are you talking about. I dont need anybody's credentials. I have nearly 15 years of experience on translation only at RSS. Really I dont know who are you. Off course I am not familiar with you."
It is possible that when I was working through cyber cafes, someone has done mischief through my profile. Sometimes, it happened that I'd not logged out due to bad service of the server or some technical problem.
Whatsoever might be the reason, I don't want my profile to be shown as anyone's credentials in such a irritative manner. What shall I do to remove my profile from his credentials?
PRAKAASH
[email protected]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-19 17:23]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-19 18:59]
Collapse

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:42
Georgian to English
+ ...
It isn't a link to your profile (I'm happy to say) it just looks like one (any member will see self) Jun 19, 2004

Dear Prakaash,

I'm happy to say it's just a strange bug - if you click on the red "verified by what authority" link you see your own profile (strange but true). Any other member will see their own profile too, as I saw mine just now, checking the same link.
It happens occasionally, with some profiles, perhaps because some link is missing.

The important thing is - please don't worry -
because you are the only person who sees your profile when you/they click
... See more
Dear Prakaash,

I'm happy to say it's just a strange bug - if you click on the red "verified by what authority" link you see your own profile (strange but true). Any other member will see their own profile too, as I saw mine just now, checking the same link.
It happens occasionally, with some profiles, perhaps because some link is missing.

The important thing is - please don't worry -
because you are the only person who sees your profile when you/they click on that link (any other member will see their own profile, and visitors will see something else).

(It gave me a shock when I first saw it too)

Best wishes
Giuli

(Eng Rus Geo)

[Edited at 2004-06-29 11:43]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Mod: members sometimes see own profile, from credentials in some profiles. No one else sees it]

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »