https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/24616-profile_possibilities_for_improving_presentation_staff%3A_done.html

Profile - possibilities for improving presentation? (Staff: Done)
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2004

Previously there was a visitor's view for the profile that was an uncluttered page, with just the profile.

Isn't it possible to have that option again?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-09-10 14:32]

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
There's a toggle option Sep 9, 2004

"Click for visitor's view". Doesn't yours work?

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but:-) Sep 10, 2004

Parrot wrote:

"Click for visitor's view". Doesn't yours work?

There USED to be avistor's view that was far nicer, just the profile, none of the boxes left and right etc. No clutter!

Not anymore, there's barely a difference...

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:18
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Try logging out and see Sep 10, 2004

After logging out, type your profile url in the address bar and see. I did. No clutter. You too can do it. You will get a view of your profile that a casual visitor might get. Or go to your friend's computer and see your own profile without logging in.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try to click any profile link from this page :) Sep 10, 2004

Ailish Maher wrote:

There USED to be avistor's view that was far nicer, just the profile, none of the boxes left and right etc. No clutter!

Not anymore, there's barely a difference...

This view exists all the time - try to click any profile from this page and it will open in a new window, without menus on the left and top. That's what visitors see. If you go to your own profile you see a different view.

HTH
Magda

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:48
SITE STAFF
Visitor's view now shown without site navigation Sep 10, 2004

I have changed the profile visitor's view to show your profile page without all the site navigation, the way an actual visitor would see it. Thanks for the suggestion, Ailish.

Jason

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't work for me! Sep 20, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

I have changed the profile visitor's view to show your profile page without all the site navigation, the way an actual visitor would see it. Thanks for the suggestion, Ailish.

Jason

Hi Jason, thanks and all, but I still get the cluttered view, yet clicking on other people's I get the nice view.

Where have I gone wrong?

TIA:-)

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:48
SITE STAFF
Even in "visitor's view"? Sep 20, 2004

Ailish Maher wrote:
Hi Jason, thanks and all, but I still get the cluttered view, yet clicking on other people's I get the nice view.

Hi Ailish,

Does this happen even when you click "visitor's view"?

Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by "the cluttered view", which I took to mean seeing the site navigation and logo when viewing your profile page. Did you mean something else?

Regards,

Jason

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK now Sep 21, 2004

Jason, all OK now....

Coming up nice and clean and tidy:-)

Thanks

Ailish:-)

Jason Grimes wrote:

Ailish Maher wrote:

Hi Ailish,

Does this happen even when you click "visitor's view"?

Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by "the cluttered view", which I took to mean seeing the site navigation and logo when viewing your profile page. Did you mean something else?

Regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile - possibilities for improving presentation? (Staff: Done)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »