How do I get Featured? (staff: 'Go platinum (you did) and have an image in your profile')
Thread poster: Emilienne
Emilienne
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:50
English to French
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

I have just upgraded my membership to Platinum. Can anyone tell me how I can get "Featured"?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-14 14:17]

Direct link Reply with quote

Catherine Reay  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:50
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Automatic Jan 14, 2005

Hi Emilienne,

Featuring happens automatically as I understand it, I went Platinum at the end of November and have been featured twice so far. Not bad!

There was a service where when you were featured an e-mail was sent to inform you, but that stopped at the end of the year. Featured pros change every 15 mins, so keep an eye out!! You'll probably appear soon!

Take care,
Katy

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
It works on a rota Jan 14, 2005

Hi,
You can't pay extra (as far as I know) for being the "Featured Pro" on the home page. You can buy adverts on the Directory pages, though.
Enjoy!

[Thanks for picking me up on that, Alison. I hadn't heard about the e-mail service being discontinued, though.]

[Edited at 2005-01-15 23:18]

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Add a picture and cross your fingers :-) Jan 14, 2005

The 'system' selects 'featured pros' automatically, but it only features platinum members with pictures in their profiles.

You do not have to use a portrait, as you will see, if you have a logo or something else you prefer.

You will get a message from the 'bounce handler' when you are featured, but otherwise it is a purely random process, not something you can do anything about yourself.

I don't think it makes a lot of difference to the number of offers you get - I have been featured several times. The 'featured pro' changes every 15 minutes.

Have a nice weekend!
Christine

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Exactly so. Jan 14, 2005

Christine Andersen wrote:

The 'system' selects 'featured pros' automatically, but it only features platinum members with pictures in their profiles.

Uploading a picture or icon into your profile is everything you need to do to be featured.

Good luck!

Magda

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
The e-mail notification was only until the end of December Jan 14, 2005

Amy Williams wrote:

all Platinum members get a turn.

Not quite - all platinum members with a picture in their profile get a turn.

Amy Williams wrote:
They notify you via e-mail when it's your turn.

I think I read somewhere that the e-mail notifications were a temporary feature and were only going to be sent out until the end of December 2004.

HTH

Alison

Emilienne
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 15, 2005

Thank you all for updating me on the "Feature" feature!
I'll sort out a picture asap.

Thanks to all of you who replied to my query.

Take care,
Sandrine (Emilienne)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get Featured? (staff: 'Go platinum (you did) and have an image in your profile')

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search