https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/345674-can_a_direct_client_who_is_not_a_representative_of_any_lsps_leave_translator_feedback.html

Can a direct client who is not a representative of any LSPs leave translator feedback?
Thread poster: Viktoriia Horiachko
Viktoriia Horiachko
Viktoriia Horiachko
Local time: 16:16
Member (2019)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Aug 13, 2020

Hi there,

I've recently had a translation project of personal nature (translation of a personal letter for a direct client who found me through proz.com). This client now would like to leave feedback for me on proz.com but says he needs to register as a representative of a company which is not relevant as the project was personal and does not have anything to do with any LSP. Has anyone ever been in similar situation? Is there any way for this client to leave feedback for me?
... See more
Hi there,

I've recently had a translation project of personal nature (translation of a personal letter for a direct client who found me through proz.com). This client now would like to leave feedback for me on proz.com but says he needs to register as a representative of a company which is not relevant as the project was personal and does not have anything to do with any LSP. Has anyone ever been in similar situation? Is there any way for this client to leave feedback for me?

Best regards,
Viktoriia
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:16
Chinese to English
+ ...
Yes Aug 13, 2020

They absolutely can. I believe it's even possible to leave a feedback as a guest.

But one of the issues with working with private clients is that they're not going to be as familiar with the ProZ system. It's just one of those things you're going to have to live with.

Stephanie Busch
Tina Vonhof (X)

Viktoriia Horiachko
Viktoriia Horiachko
Local time: 16:16
Member (2019)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Aug 13, 2020

Lincoln Hui wrote:

They absolutely can. I believe it's even possible to leave a feedback as a guest.

But one of the issues with working with private clients is that they're not going to be as familiar with the ProZ system. It's just one of those things you're going to have to live with.

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:16
French to English
. Aug 15, 2020

I only have WWAs from direct clients (both good friends I felt I could ask, because I hate to ask for favours).
IIRC, I sent them a link so all they had to do was click a couple of times.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can a direct client who is not a representative of any LSPs leave translator feedback?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »