When will text ads be visible in the new freelancer directory?
Thread poster: Antoinette Verburg

Antoinette Verburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:54
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 24, 2006

Hi,

A couple of months ago I created a directory TEXT AD, being one of Henry's tips to attract clients , as mentioned in his article http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/79/1/To-win-jobs-online--specialize!). However, my text ad is still only visible in the OLD directory, not in the new one. When will it be visible in the new directory? I don't think many clients will consult the old directory. Not that I don't have enough clients as it is, but still... I would like it to be visible... or get my money back.

Direct link Reply with quote

Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:54
German to English
+ ...
Same issue Jan 24, 2006

Hi Antoinette:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I had the same issue, albeit only a couple of days ago. (I never thought of looking in the old directory.) I submitted a ticket, which is being dealt with.

Fingers crossed - I am confident it will be sorted.

Cheers
Chris

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:54
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same here ........ Jan 25, 2006

Hi Antoinette,

Yes, thanks for bringing this up.

It serves little purpose if the text ad is in the old directory as that will be phased out and outsourcers will be checking the new one first anyhow.

I'd also appreciate some feedback from site management.

D.

Antoinette Verburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:54
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message from staff Jan 25, 2006

Hi Textklick and Deborah,

I just had a message from a staff member:

"Text-ads should be visible by the beginning of April. I know you would like to see them sooner, and I promise you that we will try to do our best to have the new directory have the before them April..but we should have them ready no later than the first week in April."

So... let's be patient...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When will text ads be visible in the new freelancer directory?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search