suggestion about optimizing the forum poster search
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 12:37
English to German
+ ...
Jun 8, 2006

Hi!
I am posting here basically I couldn´t decide where this would fit best.
http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/new&cat_group=recent

A page like this has various headers, if there an option to click on the header like poster, most viewed and others etc., and sort the posters like a table cells or fields in a database, one would infact be able to select as per one´s own choice. Well this is a general observation. Upon click go to the appropriate forum and click to sort. This functions in Databases and if I understand proz.com directory is a database. This may be an additonal functionality in addition to the search fields from the entry page and from other locations. Best Brandis

[Edited at 2006-06-08 13:58]

[Edited at 2006-06-08 18:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

sylvie malich
Germany
German to English
say what? Jun 8, 2006

you want to explain that with a bit more detail for those of us who don't quite follow...?

[Edited at 2006-06-08 20:17]

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was infact referring to Jun 12, 2006

sylvie malich wrote:

you want to explain that with a bit more detail for those of us who don't quite follow...?

[Edited at 2006-06-08 20:17]
Hi! the headers, in a simple access database one has the choice of clicking on the header to sort the data below as per various criteria, ascending, descending, whereas in our case it is most viewed or discussed or hot topics that concern most of us. This can be directly implemented as per name of the posting participant, topic type, I suggest see the heading of the columns. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

suggestion about optimizing the forum poster search

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search