https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_directory/49840-beware_of_the_availability_calendar_in_the_new_profile_bug_fixed.html

Beware of the availability calendar in the new profile ('bug fixed')
Thread poster: Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 21, 2006

From time to time, I do a search with all my key elements to see where I rank, to check how I can improve my ratings.

Recently, I discovered that I do not show when I set the Available Today option in the search. If I choose N/A, there I am, but not with the calendar.

So although I have June and July marked as available, I am nowhere to be seen.

I submitted a ticket to Support sometime during the past week, but it has disappeared from my records (I haven't
... See more
From time to time, I do a search with all my key elements to see where I rank, to check how I can improve my ratings.

Recently, I discovered that I do not show when I set the Available Today option in the search. If I choose N/A, there I am, but not with the calendar.

So although I have June and July marked as available, I am nowhere to be seen.

I submitted a ticket to Support sometime during the past week, but it has disappeared from my records (I haven't closed it, not have I received any notification about this matter being solved).

So today I test it again, and once more I am missing as soon as I pick any option in Availability but N/A. So I have returned to the old profile, have selected the availability option in the top of the profile and there I am, 3rd among 6 people.

Is anybody aware of this bug??? Are you considering any measures to solve it???

Until then, I'll be a happy (appearing) member with an old profile, no matter how much you tout the new one, which by the way, looks much more tidy and nice.

Regards,

P.
www.pbayle.com/blogs

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-06-22 11:52]
Collapse

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:30
Italian to English
+ ...
day 31 through Directory Jun 21, 2006

Can I just add another comment to this - when accessing availability calendars from the Directory, day 31 is always blank even when set to green/red/yellow in your profile. Could you please fix this?
Many thanks,
Amy

[Edited at 2006-06-21 12:52]

Steven Sidore
Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
good catch Jun 21, 2006

I just tested this and he's right, I only appear in the directory if I set it by hand. Please let us know once this is fixed!

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:30
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Availability calendar doesn't match directory Jun 21, 2006

I have been using the new profile format and have set my availability for the next few months, but when I switched back to the old profile format my availability no longer matched the one I had set in the calendar. I thought the two profile formats were set to work together, so that changes made in the new format were automatically stored in the old one too. Does this not apply to the calendar?

I see that this has been brought up r
... See more
I have been using the new profile format and have set my availability for the next few months, but when I switched back to the old profile format my availability no longer matched the one I had set in the calendar. I thought the two profile formats were set to work together, so that changes made in the new format were automatically stored in the old one too. Does this not apply to the calendar?

I see that this has been brought up recently by another member too:

http://www.proz.com/post/348259#348259
Collapse

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 01:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
I prefer the new profile Jun 21, 2006

Hi,

I hope that this bug gets fixed soon as I prefer the new profile. I have gone back to the old profile and set the availability option. I was not able to find my name in the list when I used the new profile and had the option set to "available."

Thank you for telling us about this bug.

Patricia

pearl1
pearl1
United States
Local time: 00:30
French to English
My availability does not show Jun 21, 2006

I set the availablilty calendar for June and July but I'm not showing as being available when I check the directory.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Silvina Matheu
Silvina Matheu  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
availability not working Jun 21, 2006

You are right.
I've checked my availability by searching the directory. I only appeared after setting the availability button in the home page, although I had already set it in my profile.
Is the bug in the new profile only?
Thanks for having noticing this.

Silvina

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 02:30
English
Problem should be fixed... Jun 21, 2006

Hello all,

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I have fixed the problem, and you should be able to see yourself in the directory if you set your availability using the new calendar, or the old availability setting on the home page.

Please let me know if it still not working for any of you.

Best Regards,
Justin

Pilar T. Bayle (X)
Pilar T. Bayle (X)  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried the hard way... Jun 21, 2006

Please let me know if it still not working for any of you.

...By making the new profile my forced profile and searching the directory... There I am! Thank you!

P.
www.pbayle.com/blogs

[Edited at 2006-06-21 23:15]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Beware of the availability calendar in the new profile ('bug fixed')

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »