Thread poster: biankonera
biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:57
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
Mar 5, 2007

well, I dont really know where to post this so I chose this forum (but if Im wrong, please, moderators, feel free to relocate it to an appropriate one).

I checked my visitor stats and noticed that today I had a visitor arriving via such route: Directory [Search: From: English, To: Armenian]. Problem is - my language pairs dont include English to Armenian. I also checked the freelancer database to see if by some reason I might find myself there but no, Im not there.

So I
... See more
well, I dont really know where to post this so I chose this forum (but if Im wrong, please, moderators, feel free to relocate it to an appropriate one).

I checked my visitor stats and noticed that today I had a visitor arriving via such route: Directory [Search: From: English, To: Armenian]. Problem is - my language pairs dont include English to Armenian. I also checked the freelancer database to see if by some reason I might find myself there but no, Im not there.

So I was wondering how such mirracle could have happened?:)
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:27
German to English
It happens to me too Mar 6, 2007

Hi,

I get a directory search from Dutch to English sometimes, when I'm actually only listed for my language pair, German to English.

I hope this problem can be resolved.

Best regards,
Niraja

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:57
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Re:visitor from non existing language Mar 6, 2007

Hi both,

I'm not sure what is happening for the Armenian - English,
but I could imagine that looking for Dutch (maybe as a keyword?) can sometimes end up in the German section.
Dutch and Deutsch are very similar words...

but still it might be something that needs further investigation

greetings
Ed

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:57
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Same here Mar 6, 2007

After reading your post I checked my visitor counter and found a visotor via English - Armenian link as well.

biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:57
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
mystery Mar 6, 2007

Burrell wrote:

After reading your post I checked my visitor counter and found a visotor via English - Armenian link as well.

well... maybe there is some mysterious connection between Latvian and Armenian???

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:57
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Links Mar 6, 2007

bramasole wrote:

Burrell wrote:

well... maybe there is some mysterious connection between Latvian and Armenian???

well, apart from the obvious historical....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

visitor from non existing language combination

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »