https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/103655-how_do_i_download_my_data.html

How do I download my data?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:02
Spanish
+ ...
Apr 30, 2008

I recently bought a new domain so I want to create a new web site based on my old one. So I want to download all my data from the previous web site.

I tried to download the data from Control Panel > Files > File Manager, I selected all the files (including folders) but the Download button is sometimes grayed out, sometimes not. I also tried to select all the files minus the folders, and the same thing happens. If the button is not grayed out, clicking on it pops-up the Firefox downl
... See more
I recently bought a new domain so I want to create a new web site based on my old one. So I want to download all my data from the previous web site.

I tried to download the data from Control Panel > Files > File Manager, I selected all the files (including folders) but the Download button is sometimes grayed out, sometimes not. I also tried to select all the files minus the folders, and the same thing happens. If the button is not grayed out, clicking on it pops-up the Firefox download dialog, and it prompts me to select where to download the about.html page ONLY. I used Internet Explorer and a download manager also, but I still can't download the files. I guess I could do it manually, but I want to know if there's a way to batch download all the files and folders.

Thanks
Collapse

Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:02
French to German
+ ...
Download Apr 30, 2008

By the same way you used to upload these files. Did you use a FTP program ?

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 23:02
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No FTP Apr 30, 2008

I didn't use an FTP program. I created and uploaded each page manually.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:02
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Some possible solutions May 1, 2008

Claudia Alvis wrote:
I didn't use an FTP program. I created and uploaded each page manually.

I take that "manually" here does not mean "with your hands". You have probably used some editing utility having an embedded FTP feature for uploading the pages.
Your utility is most likely using the FTP protocol to upload your files, hiding from your most of the technicalities.

You have two easy choices:

1. Get hold of a proper FTP utility and learn to use it. (advisable if you do more work on your website). There are many excellent around, free and easy to use.

2. Visit all the pages uploaded and grab the source HTML from each one of them. It may work and even be fast, if your current website is not too complex and all files are self-contained (no CSS files or other external components).

By the way, you should have your source files somewhere. The original files that you have individually uploaded. If not, this is rather imprudent of you.

bye
Gianfranco

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 22:02
English to Spanish
Write... May 1, 2008

On your browser URL bar: ftp://ftp.your_domain_name.com

Internet Explorer will prompt you to enter your ID user as follows: ID_user@your_domain_name.com and your password.

This will take you to your domain directory. Then, you can download your files.

Hope it helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I download my data?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »