Thread poster: Helmy Ismail Sani

Helmy Ismail Sani  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 14:55
Member (2010)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2011

I used Proz Site Creator for my website and have taken all steps. Then, there is a notification that my website has been up and running. However, when I click to see my website, there is a warning that the page has not been created yet.

Did I miss something? Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Besides, what about if I want to delete this website created by proz site creator and upload a new website using a third party such as wordpress and joomla?

Thank you in advance.
Helmy

Direct link Reply with quote

Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Your website is visible Oct 7, 2011

Hello Helmy,

I see that your website is up and running at http://helmy-indotranslation.com/ . Try overriding, or removing, your cache. Most browsers maintain a local copy of web pages on your disk or in memory to speed up reloading previously visited web pages. This is called a "cache" of those pages. Sometimes, the browser doesn't recognize that a newer version of a page is available (your website published), and shows you the old one. To override your browser's cache, simply try reloading a web page by holding down the SHIFT key and pressing F5 or clicking Refresh or Reload.

As regards third-party content management systems, several members have successfully installed Joomla!, WordPress and even Drupal. However, resolving specific errors with the ini_set() PHP option (explained in detail here: http://drupal.org/node/54152 ) may require staff intervention. So please submit a support request if you need assistance.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Helmy Ismail Sani  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 14:55
Member (2010)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It does work Oct 7, 2011

Dear Lucia,

You're right, it does work.

So, if I want to replace the website created by proz site creator with wordpress, what files/folders should I delete from the public_html folder in the file manager?

Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with proz site creator

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search