How to park a Chinese domain name to an existing domain point
Thread poster: Peijun

Peijun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 3, 2012

I am trying to park a Chinese domain name to an existing domain(English domain name) i.e. (www.integrity-translation.com). But when I typed my Chinese domain name in the add domain field, it shows that this domain name is not a valid name. I already registered with Xinnet.com this Chinese domain name. Why does it become not valid? How to activate this validity? to show you the registrar stub?
Second, I uploaded my website, but it shows in a wrong CSS format. I formated my type print in a regulated CSS file already. But in the browser here, all the font become larger and the right column is missing.
Third, anyone can show me the way in which I can manipulate in FTP mode. The file manager is too slow.

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 09:22
English to German
Illegal character in domain name? May 3, 2012

Yalili wrote:

this domain name is not a valid name.

Chinese domain?
Does that name contain any character other than a-z, 0-9 and - ?
If so, you have to use Punycode (--> Wikipedia).

Peijun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The domain name is Chinese characters May 3, 2012

Hi Rolf,

I created a website and registered 2 domain names for it. One domain is Chinese, the other is English. The domain service provider told me that both of them can be bounded. However, I met the problem in characters setting. My Chinese domain is 诚信翻译社.com; My English domain is integrity-translation.com.
I uploaded the website files on to Proz.com hosting service this morning. But it shows that the css file doesn't work at all. All the styles for fonts and navigation bar are missing. I am afraid of uploading files in a wrong way. So I posted this questions here for whom is a software engineer.
I tried to solve this problem by searching the FAQ and Help files in Proz.com forum or Filezila FTP organization. But I still can't find out where the problem is.
What is Punycode? How to configue it in Proz.com?
My emailbox is 2267936856@qq.com.
Looking forward to your teaching.

Thanks and with Best Regards,
Zhang

Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Chinese domains May 3, 2012

Yalili wrote:

My Chinese domain is 诚信翻译社.com

(Is this spelling correct?)
I've just checked this domain. The global Domain Name System responded "domain unknown". So, nothing will work. In the first place you have to make sure, that you can see your pages in a browser using the above domain.

Try to access this domain from a different location (i. e. not from your own PC). If this doesn't work, you'll have to obtain advice from the company that gave you that domain.

Anyway, in Punycode your Chinese domain reads xn--vuq512h3pekvnhb.com
You can input this code wherever Chinese characters are not accepted. But as long as the domain is not accessible, this Punycode will not work either.

My English domain is integrity-translation.com.

This domain is accessible here. All looks well for a non-Chinese reader

I uploaded the website files on to Proz.com hosting service this morning. But it shows that the css file doesn't work at all.

Unfortunately I have no knowledge of Proz' hosting. Often such problems occur if some file paths in a HTML file are not correct. On your own PC all looks well because your Software displays the local files on your hard disk, but actually the paths have to fit to the file arrangement on the Internet host.

I see
Maybe it should read

Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Chinese domain #2 May 3, 2012

Oops, I forgot to escape the parentheses, so Proz truncated my posting.

Here the last part of my previous posting:

Your HTML shows
link href="CSS/2col_rightNav.css" ...

Is this path ok? Or should it read /CSS/2col_rightNav.css"? Or 2col_rightNav.css?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to park a Chinese domain name to an existing domain point

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search