Thread poster: SandraV

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 3, 2004

Hi. I am registered in the older hosting system. When I registered I was given an email address for my web page, which I have not used yet. I have two questions:

1. How can I access my web email account in the older system and read and reply to e-mails. Is there a special address where I can do this? or what should I do in order to access my mails? help me please!

2. Is moving to the beta system optional to old system users or we can remain as we are? What are the benefits of moving?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jason Grimes
Local time: 02:02
SITE STAFF
How to get info about your legacy hosting account Aug 3, 2004

Hi Sandra,

Sandra wrote:
1. How can I access my web email account in the older system and read and reply to e-mails. Is there a special address where I can do this? or what should I do in order to access my mails? help me please!

The legacy hosting system allows access to your mailbox only via a mail client such as Outlook or Eudora. It does not provide webmail access. You can look up the settings required to configure your mail client for use with the legacy hosting system here: http://hosting.proz.com/?sp=hosting/info

2. Is moving to the beta system optional to old system users or we can remain as we are? What are the benefits of moving?

Once the new hosting system has completed beta testing, all legacy hosting customers will be migrated to the new system.

The benefit of migrating to the new hosting system comes from all of the new features available, such as webmail and multiple email addresses. For information about the features provided by the new hosting system, see this page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

I hope this helps.

Jason

SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you and another question... Aug 8, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

Hi Sandra,

Sandra wrote:

The legacy hosting system allows access to your mailbox only via a mail client such as Outlook or Eudora. It does not provide webmail access. You can look up the settings required to configure your mail client for use with the legacy hosting system here: http://hosting.proz.com/?sp=hosting/info

Once the new hosting system has completed beta testing, all legacy hosting customers will be migrated to the new system.

The benefit of migrating to the new hosting system comes from all of the new features available, such as webmail and multiple email addresses. For information about the features provided by the new hosting system, see this page: http://www.proz.com/?sp=host/info

I hope this helps.

Jason

Jason, thank you very much for your help. I have another question. I created my page using the WYSIWYG editor, can the existing pages created with this editor be moved to the Beta system? I have read at the forum that after moving, some information has disappeared. This is my first experience creating a web page and I don't want to have problems with it after migrating to the new system. ¿Is it easy to use?
Thank you.
Sandy

Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Pages created with WYSIWYG editor can be migrated Aug 9, 2004

Sandra wrote:
Jason, thank you very much for your help. I have another question. I created my page using the WYSIWYG editor, can the existing pages created with this editor be moved to the Beta system? I have read at the forum that after moving, some information has disappeared. This is my first experience creating a web page and I don't want to have problems with it after migrating to the new system. ¿Is it easy to use?
Thank you.
Sandy

Sandra,

Pages created with the WYSIWYG editor on the legacy hosting system can indeed be migrated to the new hosting system. The new hosting system also has a WYSIWYG editor, although it is different than the old one and doesn't seem to meet the needs of everyone who has tested it (I will evaluate new WYSIWYG editors before the new hosting system goes into production).

If you used the old WYSIWYG editor to add your ProZ.com glossaries to your page, some manual changes to your page will be required in order for that to work on the new hosting system. Otherwise, your web site should work the same on the new hosting system as it did on the old.

I hope this helps.

Jason

xxxBrandis
Local time: 08:02
English to German
+ ...
how can I use the WYSWYG editor Aug 21, 2004

Jason Grimes wrote:

Sandra wrote:
Thank you.
Sandy

Sandra,

Pages created with the WYSIWYG editor on the legacy hosting system can indeed be migrated to the new hosting system. The new hosting system also has a WYSIWYG editor, although it is different than the old one and doesn't seem to meet the needs of everyone who has tested it (I will evaluate new WYSIWYG editors before the new hosting system goes into production).

If you used the old WYSIWYG editor to add your ProZ.com glossaries to your page, some manual changes to your page will be required in order for that to work on the new hosting system. Otherwise, your web site should work the same on the new hosting system as it did on the old.

I hope this helps.

Jason
Hi Jason, here I see blank page and no helping tools etc., typing the code doesn´t go either. I am talking about the one delivered with the hosting system and not an external one.
Rgds
Brandis

Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Evaluating other WYSIWYG editors Aug 23, 2004

Brandis wrote:
Hi Jason, here I see blank page and no helping tools etc., typing the code doesn´t go either. I am talking about the one delivered with the hosting system and not an external one.
Rgds
Brandis

Hi Brandis,

To access the WYSIWYG editor, start in your cPanel file manager. Select an HTML file by clicking on its name, and then click "HTML editor" in the frame in the upper right.

That said, the WYSIWYG html editor currently available requires a recent version of Internet Explorer in order to function properly. I am in the process of evaluating other, more full-featured and cross-platform editors for inclusion in the new hosting system.

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Email at older hosting

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search