Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 08:38
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 22, 2005

Hi,

let's suppose I register my site with the name of X and after 1 month a better name (say Y) comes to my mind or whatever.

Can I simply modify it from X to Y or should I register (and pay) again? thanks

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:38
English to German
Sub domain? Mar 22, 2005

Hi Francesca,

I guess you're talking about changing the domain name, aren't you?

If so, the easiest solution would be a sub domain, should this be included in your web package. You could create a second domain with the preferred name then, and this would simply run in parallel, still pointing to your current contents.

I'd suggest you check with customer service of the company hosting your web space and describe your problem/wishes. They will certainly have
... See more
Hi Francesca,

I guess you're talking about changing the domain name, aren't you?

If so, the easiest solution would be a sub domain, should this be included in your web package. You could create a second domain with the preferred name then, and this would simply run in parallel, still pointing to your current contents.

I'd suggest you check with customer service of the company hosting your web space and describe your problem/wishes. They will certainly have something to offer you.

Good luck,
Stefan
Collapse

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:38
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Redirect Mar 22, 2005

I think you should be able to arrange for a redirect, so 'www.x.com' points to 'www.y.com'. In my case, 'www.textklick.com' points to my profile page on Proz.

No additional charge.

This works with mail as well, so e.g. '[email protected]' can be redirected to whatever E-mail address your ISP gives you.

Check with wherever you registered the URL.

HTH

Chris

Whoops - got it wrong! A redirect only works to a URL that is alr
... See more
I think you should be able to arrange for a redirect, so 'www.x.com' points to 'www.y.com'. In my case, 'www.textklick.com' points to my profile page on Proz.

No additional charge.

This works with mail as well, so e.g. '[email protected]' can be redirected to whatever E-mail address your ISP gives you.

Check with wherever you registered the URL.

HTH

Chris

Whoops - got it wrong! A redirect only works to a URL that is already registered. This means you'd have to pay for the second one, but we are hardly talking megabucks, right?

[Edited at 2005-03-22 19:51]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

site name modification

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »