Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:38
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2005

I have this evening uploaded the pages of my new web site, using ftp, after working on creating them for a whole month. They are actually not uploaded to the correct domain, but to another one, which appeared to work (the one I tried to upload them to, that they are intended for, has not been connected yet).

Although the uploading process appeared to work at the time, on opening the pages up to either view or edit them, I just get a blank page. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

For some reason, it is also impossible to delete them, which is a terrible nuisance.

Am I the only one to experience these problems - and is there any solution?

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:38
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Hard to give advice without a link Mar 30, 2005

What is the address? What method do you use for uploading them. Do they look alright when you load them from your pc into the browser?
Some more details please!
Regards
Heinrich

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:38
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Method of uploading them Mar 30, 2005

I uploaded them using "Quickie Web Page". It is a programme to create web pages and then upload them to put onto the web site, using ftp.

I still have the pages, and can open them using either "Quickie Web Page" or Word, so they are not lost. However, the uploading does not seem to have worked, although I got all the correct screens at the time, telling me that they were uploading to my ftp site, etc.

It does not really matter, because there is another way to upload the pages, from Word, using the File Manager, and those pages are visible with their contents. However, in the meantime, I wanted to delete the ones I uploaded from "Quickie Web Page", and they will not delete either. Since there are 47 of them in total, plus another 47 back-ups, it has really messed everything up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uploaded files are just blank pages

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search