Thread poster: Alejandra Villarroel
Alejandra Villarroel
Alejandra Villarroel  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 12, 2005

I finally had a time window to plan my website and activate my ProZ hosting account.

Since I have owned a domain for some time, I chose to park it using my ProZ hosting account. The system didn't let me introduce the "www" prefix. I thought I could do it later, but apparently I can't. Will this have an impact or is it totally unimportant?

I would like to know the answer before I contact my domain registrar about the hosting server details.

Thanks, ALEJANDRA

ENGSOL
ENGSOL
German to English
+ ...
Can't add the "www" prefix to my website address Apr 13, 2005

Alejandra,

A lot of websites work without the www prefix these days. Just enter your website address without the prefix and see if it works!

Thomas

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:47
SITE STAFF
www prefix will work automatically Apr 13, 2005

Hi Alejandra,

Your hosted domain will be automatically reachable with or without the leading "www" once your domain has been configured. Note that your domain has not yet been configured to use the ProZ.com hosting name servers. Please see the domain howto for more information about how to take care of that: http://www.proz.com/howto/229#ns

Best regards,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't add the "www" prefix to my website address

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »