SandraV  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:15
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 4, 2005

Hi,

I am having problems uploading some images. Some of them upload ok, but others don't, even though all of them are in gif or jpg format.
Another problem I'm having is that even though some images upload ok, they just don't appear on my web page. Can you help me with this problem, please.
Thank you

Sandra

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:15
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Sandra Jun 4, 2005

Have you checked the size of the images (I mean, the size in cm or inches) - aren't they too large or too small? Please check also the the size of the files (maybe those files which do not upload are too huge?)

Natalia

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
Look at the file name... Jun 5, 2005

Sandra wrote:

Hi,

I am having problems uploading some images. Some of them upload ok, but others don't, even though all of them are in gif or jpg format.
Another problem I'm having is that even though some images upload ok, they just don't appear on my web page. Can you help me with this problem, please.
Thank you

Sandra

If the file name has spaces between words, your website won't accept it. For instance: "quienes somos.jpg" won't be accepted. The file should be renamed as: "quienes_somos.jpg" or "quienes-somos.jpg" (No need of the extension name.)
Regards,
Tadzio.

SandraV
Mexico
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They're small files Jun 5, 2005

Natalie wrote:

Have you checked the size of the images (I mean, the size in cm or inches) - aren't they too large or too small? Please check also the the size of the files (maybe those files which do not upload are too huge?)

Natalia

Hi Natalie, thanks for answering. No, they are small files: 2k,1k,8k,5k. In fact some of them were perfectly visible but they just dissappeared from my site. And some others are not visible in the public file after downloading them.

I hope you can help me with this

Sandra

SandraV
Mexico
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No spaces between words Jun 5, 2005

Tadzio wrote:

Sandra wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

Sandra

If the file name has spaces between words, your website won't accept it. For instance: "quienes somos.jpg" won't be accepted. The file should be renamed as: "quienes_somos.jpg" or "quienes-somos.jpg" (No need of the extension name.)
Regards,
Tadzio.

Hi paisano thanks a lot for your answer. No, I already checked, there are no spaces between words. The strange thing is that at the beginning all these images were perfectly visible on my site, but they just disappeared. I don't know what to do, and I really hope someone can help me to solve this prolem.

Muchos saludos,
Sandra

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:15
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi again Jun 6, 2005

Sandra, what do you mean by saying "my site"? Do you mean your profile page? Or the webpage at your site hosted by ProZ.com? If yes, I suggest posting a support request using the 'Support' button in the upper menu.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two problems with images.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »