Myron Netchypor
Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:04
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Aug 3, 2005

I'm just curious whether it is possible to receive sms-notifications on mobile phone about new e-mails that are coming to inbox of the web-mail hosted on Proz? If yes, then, how to adjust the web-mail?

Ana Naglić
Ana Naglić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 18:04
Member (2005)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Croatian case Aug 3, 2005

I use that feature because my mobile network is also the Internet service provider. Check with your mobile providers.
Yahoo also has that service.
If you want to keep the old address, try to forward (copies of?)all mails to e.g. Yahoo. Just go to the settings.

Myron Netchypor
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Ana! Aug 4, 2005

It is good idea forwarding mails to yahoo account (I have got one). Though I thought that Proz while providing hosting, provides also this service.

Clara Rivera
Clara Rivera  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:04
English to Spanish
+ ...
Get email notifications via mobile phone providers Aug 19, 2005

Hi!

Sometimes mobile phone providers offer this service too. If you have a contract (not a prepaid card) you can link several email addresses to your telephone number and get notifications any time you receive a new message in any of the accounts (not necessarily yahoo accounts). I hope it helps!

Best regards,

Clara

Myron Netchypor
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Clara! Sep 10, 2005

It is a good idea, and I am going to check with my mobile provider. I start also thinking about obtaining a PDA for connection to Internet anywhere with the help of mobile phone and GPRS.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sms notifications about new e-mails coming to inbox

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »