Thread poster: Konstantin Kisin

Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:31
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 16, 2006

I recently transferred all my business-related e-mail communication to a domain hosted with Proz.com. All through the day today I have noticed very slow delivery times (10-15 minutes from the moment an e-mail is sent, even if it's sent from the same domain). Is this a problem that is being solved at present?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPristav
Local time: 22:31
English to Russian
Internet Rules Nov 16, 2006

According to Internet Rules, the delivery time should not exceed 4 hours. In addition, Internet is oderloaded by SPAM. Some letters are 'disappeared'.

[Редактировалось 2006-11-17 07:35]

Marisa Schiavi  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same here... Nov 17, 2006

I've been having the same problem, I've submitted a support ticket and I'm still waiting on a reply but maybe you should do the same thing....

Good luck

justin C
United States
Local time: 14:31
English
Looking into the problem Nov 17, 2006

Hi Konstantin and Marisa,

I will look into the problem today and get back to you two in this thread with what I find out.

Best regards,
Justin

justin C
United States
Local time: 14:31
English
Did not find any immediate problem, please forward me the emails (with complete headers) Nov 17, 2006

Hello again,

I wasn't able to find any immediate problem with the mail server that would be causing messages to arrive late.

Konstantin and Marisa, please forward me some emails that arrived late to justin at proz

Thanks and best regards,
Justin

Jörgen Slet  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 21:31
English to Estonian
+ ...
The global email system has been under very heavy pressure from spam lately Nov 17, 2006

Besides other issues, hijacked machines likely trigger blacklisting of legitimate email servers. I myself was a victim of a week-long email blackout/greyout, apparently due to my ISP's issue with hijacked spambots in its domain causing blacklisting.

'Pump-and-Dump' Spam Surge Linked to Russian Bot Herders:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2060235,00.asp?kc=EWEWEMNL111306EP19A

(The URL breaks and I don't know how to avoid this here, you need to copy-paste it)

[Edited at 2006-11-17 22:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

slow e-mail delivery?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search