Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:22
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 27, 2007

Hello,

While I was uploading via FTP the directories of the pages on my website, I got this message:

"Unable to create remote folder XXX/folder/folderspec/spec
550 Can't create directory: Disk quota exceeded"

Does this mean that I exceeded my traffic for this month? So do I need to wait until 1st September in order to be able to upload files and to make
... See more
Hello,

While I was uploading via FTP the directories of the pages on my website, I got this message:

"Unable to create remote folder XXX/folder/folderspec/spec
550 Can't create directory: Disk quota exceeded"

Does this mean that I exceeded my traffic for this month? So do I need to wait until 1st September in order to be able to upload files and to make them visible (now it isn't: www.villalingua.com)?

Finally: what is the traffic limit of Proz' basic hosting packet?

Thanks in advance

Joris
Collapse

Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
disk quota Aug 28, 2007

disk quota tells you just how much space you have left on your server, if you have bought afor ex. only 25 MB you can not upload files taht exceed this limit.

Another probably reason is that you have either chosen to large pictures or you have to delete some larger emails as they may take some space too on you server.
there may some other reasons too, but lets see if this heldps first

Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 28, 2007

Thanks Tjasa,

I solved the problem as I've deleted some duplicate files in different directories (an error a saw much later); anyway I got confused with the terms "traffic limit" (of which I still do not know the limit for proz.com's basic hosting) and the actual disk space available on the server (which is 100 MB).

Staying for hours on the pc trying to fix things in which one is no expert (that is: I'm not a hosting expert, but that was clear...
See more
Thanks Tjasa,

I solved the problem as I've deleted some duplicate files in different directories (an error a saw much later); anyway I got confused with the terms "traffic limit" (of which I still do not know the limit for proz.com's basic hosting) and the actual disk space available on the server (which is 100 MB).

Staying for hours on the pc trying to fix things in which one is no expert (that is: I'm not a hosting expert, but that was clear ) makes him/her doing things wrong.

Thanks a lot,

Joris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uploading files fails: disk quota exceeded

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »