https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_hosting/88523-unable_to_access_inbox_when_account_full.html

Unable to access inbox when account full
Thread poster: Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:54
French to English
+ ...
Nov 5, 2007

I've already sent a support ticket about this problem but have received no reply, and am wondering if anyone else has this problem:

sometimes, my account becomes full, and I get warning emails about this. If I fail to respond to the warnings soon enough (if I am away, for example), I lose the ability to get into my inbox, and I therefore cannot delete any mail and the problem gets worse. I still receive all my emails, as I get my messages forwarded, but my clients still have their m
... See more
I've already sent a support ticket about this problem but have received no reply, and am wondering if anyone else has this problem:

sometimes, my account becomes full, and I get warning emails about this. If I fail to respond to the warnings soon enough (if I am away, for example), I lose the ability to get into my inbox, and I therefore cannot delete any mail and the problem gets worse. I still receive all my emails, as I get my messages forwarded, but my clients still have their messages bounced back with an 'inbox full' message. Which causes them to ring me up, as they are concerned.

It seems to me as though the current arrangements exacerbate the problem of full accounts. I understand the reasons for limiting space, but I would like to be able to solve the problem myself, and as things stand I have to bother Proz staff with my problem.
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:54
English to Dutch
+ ...
Automatic deleting? Nov 5, 2007

I've no idea if ProZ hosting supports this, but most email providers offer the possibility of automatically deleting messages after they've been on the server for a (user defined) period of time.

Since you have your mail forwarded anyway, perhaps you can set this period of time to, say, two days? Seems to me that would solve your problem.

Best,
Margreet

ncfialho (X)
ncfialho (X)  Identity Verified
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem here Nov 5, 2007

I have the same problem, but I do not get any email and can not delete anything on my domain. Waiting for an answer form stuff also.
Natália...hope not to loose any jobs....

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 5, 2007

Thanks Margreet - I think that option is called 'ageing' and I tried it before but something prevented it from working, I forget what. But you've reminded me of another option I could try now!

Angela
/tired of fielding calls from irate clients who think their mail isn't getting through

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to access inbox when account full

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »