Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2007

Dear ProZers,

Last week, I discovered that I'd had not set Mozilla to remove the messages after downloading from the ProZ server. I fixed that and manually deleted all messages for my account. This morning, I got messages saying that my quota was at a critical level, and now, that it has been exceeded.

So, I went to web mail...and there's NOTHING THERE! Not one message.

Of course, this is happening on the weekend (so submitting a support ticket won't fix it until next week), and this is happening to my primary work address.

Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated!

Thanks,
Patricia

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:32
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Had the same problem - the default address was spammed Nov 17, 2007

Hi Patricia,
I've had exactly the same problem some time ago. It seemed to me that my inbox is empty, however, I had zillion of spam on my DEFAULT address which I never used and never checked inbox. The default address is yourusername at yourdomain. In my case, for some reason I couldn't access my default address so eventually the support guys cleaned it for me (and removed the whole address, actually). Try to clean this account and hopefully everything will be back to normal.

HTH,
Magda

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:32
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, Magda! Nov 18, 2007

Magda,

Thanks for your advice. It turned out that I had my quota set very low and when my son-in-law sent pictures (of my grandson --first grandbaby!-- who was born on Thursday), that is what caused the problem.

But after reading your message, I went back and checked everything again, and realized that I should fine tune things in the default and other addresses, which I've now done, and all is working fine. I tend to feel overwhelmed by the "control panel" and so I had sort of ignored it and the web mail settings. Now that I rolled up my sleeves and got more familiar with everything, it really seems quite easy to use...

I appreciate the help!

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Quota Exceeded but there are no messages in my account

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search