Ohrid conference 2009 - Need for a visa by Belarusian citizen with temporary residence in Croatia
Thread poster: dkalinic

dkalinic
Local time: 18:36
Croatian to German
+ ...
May 2, 2009

Does my wife who's Belarusian citizen having a temporary residence in Croatia need a visa to enter Macedonia? If so, how can it be obtained?

Regards,
Davor

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:22 GMT]

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Yes May 2, 2009

Is this the document you are looking for?

http://www.macedonia.co.uk/uploads/pdf/VizaRequirements03.2006.pdf

Here is a more useful page:

http://macedonia.visahq.com/requirements/Belarus/resident-Croatia/

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:20 GMT]

If you scroll down this page you will get the details of the place to contact, under the heading "Macedonian Embassy in Zagreb, Croatia":

http://www.embassiesabroad.com/embassies-of/Macedonia#1704

She will need to contact that embassy and ask for a tourist visa.

Astrid

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:28 GMT]

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
personal invitation to the conference May 2, 2009

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

Is this the document you are looking for?

http://www.macedonia.co.uk/uploads/pdf/VizaRequirements03.2006.pdf

Here is a more useful page:

http://macedonia.visahq.com/requirements/Belarus/resident-Croatia/

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:20 GMT]

If you scroll down this page you will get the details of the place to contact, under the heading "Macedonian Embassy in Zagreb, Croatia":

http://www.embassiesabroad.com/embassies-of/Macedonia#1704

She will need to contact that embassy and ask for a tourist visa.

Astrid

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-02 06:28 GMT]

Astrid, many thanks for the thorough answer. The following question is for Hristina. According to the information I got from Macedonian embassy in Croatia my wife would need a personal invitation to the conference. Is there any possibility of obtaining it?

Regards,
Davor

Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:36
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Letter of Invitation will be provided May 2, 2009

Dear Davor,

An Invitation Letter can be provided for your wife, which you could use in order to complete the visa application documentation. So please send me your wife's personal information to my mail: hristinadojcinova@yahoo.com so that I could prepare the letter.

@ Astrid - thank you for promptly replying to the question - I would not have composed it differently myself.

Looking forward to seeing you in Ohrid-

Puno pozdrava,

Hristina

Sashenka Ljuben  Identity Verified
Macedonia (FYROM)
Member (2005)
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Macedonian visa for Belarussian citizen May 2, 2009

Dear Davor,

I just talked to a friend of my husband who works in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and this is what he says: if your wife has a valid Schengen visa, she does not need a Macedonian visa. In case she doesn't have a Schengen visa, she will have to get a visa from the Macedonian Embassy in Croatia. When you make an appointment for the visa in the Macedonian Embassy, you and your wife will have to go together to the meeting. You should carry with you the invitation letter prepared by Hristina Dojchinva, the organizer of the Conference. When you get the date for the visa meeting in the Embassy, just send me by e-mail the name and surname of you and your wife. We have some friends there who can help to accelerate the procedure.

This is my e-mail: sashenkaljuben@hotmail.com

All the best,
Sashenka

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for help May 2, 2009

Hristina Dojčinova wrote:

Dear Davor,

An Invitation Letter can be provided for your wife, which you could use in order to complete the visa application documentation. So please send me your wife's personal information to my mail: hristinadojcinova@yahoo.com so that I could prepare the letter.

@ Astrid - thank you for promptly replying to the question - I would not have composed it differently myself.

Looking forward to seeing you in Ohrid-

Puno pozdrava,

Hristina

Hristina, many thanks for your help. I hope you got both of my e-mails in the meantime.

Puno pozdrava,
Davor

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Much obliged May 2, 2009

Sashenka Ljuben wrote:

Dear Davor,

I just talked to a friend of my husband who works in the Ministry of Internal Affairs and this is what he says: if your wife has a valid Schengen visa, she does not need a Macedonian visa. In case she doesn't have a Schengen visa, she will have to get a visa from the Macedonian Embassy in Croatia. When you make an appointment for the visa in the Macedonian Embassy, you and your wife will have to go together to the meeting. You should carry with you the invitation letter prepared by Hristina Dojchinva, the organizer of the Conference. When you get the date for the visa meeting in the Embassy, just send me by e-mail the name and surname of you and your wife. We have some friends there who can help to accelerate the procedure.

This is my e-mail: sashenkaljuben@hotmail.com

All the best,
Sashenka

Sashenka, I'm much obliged for the help you offer. It means very much.

Best regards,
Davor

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What time can the invitation be expected May 4, 2009

Hi, Hristina!

Could you please tell me what time I can expect the invitation letter be sent to my wife? The official at the Macedonian embassy told me that we should come and apply for visa as soon as possible coz the issuing procedure can take up to 30 days.

Best regards from sunny and pretty hot Ozalj,
Davor

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Won't be able to participate at the conference Jun 7, 2009

Davor Kalinic wrote:

Hi, Hristina!

Could you please tell me what time I can expect the invitation letter be sent to my wife? The official at the Macedonian embassy told me that we should come and apply for visa as soon as possible coz the issuing procedure can take up to 30 days.

Best regards from sunny and pretty hot Ozalj,
Davor

Since Hristina hasn't sent the invitation letter for my wife so far, neither she nor I will be able to participate at the conference in Ohrid. We all wish you folks spending nice time there.

Regards,
Davor

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Need for a visa by Belarusian citizen with temporary residence in Croatia

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search