https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_international_conferences/139385-ohrid_conference_2009_thank_you_blagodaram.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Ohrid conference 2009 - Thank you - blagodaram!
Thread poster: John Di Rico
John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:31
Member (2006)
French to English
Jul 5, 2009

Thanks Hristina, Henry, Anne and everyone else for making this such a memorable conference!

Rockin' the boat party, Napoleon VIP treatment in the hottest club in town (thanks Ivan), swimming at 3 am in lake Ohrid, l'Objectif dance party powwow, gala dinner, and great presentations (especially John's.

Looking forward to the next conferences (especially Nice
... See more
Thanks Hristina, Henry, Anne and everyone else for making this such a memorable conference!

Rockin' the boat party, Napoleon VIP treatment in the hottest club in town (thanks Ivan), swimming at 3 am in lake Ohrid, l'Objectif dance party powwow, gala dinner, and great presentations (especially John's.

Looking forward to the next conferences (especially Nice http://www.proz.com/conference/106

Yours in Albania, punë e mbarë!

John and Paola

PS - Made it back to Tirana, join Elda, Paola, and John for dinner tonight at Grep i Arte...

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 20:24 GMT]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:31
SITE FOUNDER
Thank you, John - and everyone! Jul 6, 2009

Hi all,

Thanks, Hristina, Anne, Vesna, Ivan, John, Attila, Oleg, Viktor, the team of girls who helped out with registration, etc., and thanks to everyone who attended, for some truly great memories in Ohrid. I enjoyed meeting everyone and hope you all had a wonderful time.

Henry

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
It was fantastic Jul 6, 2009

Many many thanks, Hristina, Anne, Henry and the whole organizer team who made this great event possible.
The ProZ party animal community was definitely born here; abundant picture proof is coming up. Looking very much forward to resuming the great trio of learning, networking and fun in Nice.
Attila and Cristina, CDG airport, Paris

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
I also want to thank... Jul 6, 2009

My greatest thank you for both the organizers, but also to all attendees who made this conference such a great success and an unforgetable experience. I know why I am already addicted to conferences! ;o)

I thank you all for having made all the way to Ohrid and hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did!

And please now, do not forget to put online the pictures you did!

Thanks to all of you!

See you soon in the next conference,

Helen
... See more
My greatest thank you for both the organizers, but also to all attendees who made this conference such a great success and an unforgetable experience. I know why I am already addicted to conferences! ;o)

I thank you all for having made all the way to Ohrid and hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did!

And please now, do not forget to put online the pictures you did!

Thanks to all of you!

See you soon in the next conference,

Helena (now in Skopje waiting to catch the train back to Belgrade, hopefully not so desperately deleted like on the way to Skopje! (12 hours+10 hours usual planed time!)
Collapse

Ec Linguistic Solutions
Ec Linguistic Solutions
United States
Albanian to English
+ ...
Thank you for a most amazing coming together! Jul 6, 2009

Thanks for the most interesting Conference I've attended recently, for enabling it to take place in this part of the earth and making it possible to join you in Ohrid.

I enjoyed the conference tremendously and I feel so happy I met so many colleagues that were virtually known till a few days before. The sessions were great, especially Wordfast/lottery and TO3000/dancing sessions of John!

I also enjoyed
... See more
Thanks for the most interesting Conference I've attended recently, for enabling it to take place in this part of the earth and making it possible to join you in Ohrid.

I enjoyed the conference tremendously and I feel so happy I met so many colleagues that were virtually known till a few days before. The sessions were great, especially Wordfast/lottery and TO3000/dancing sessions of John!

I also enjoyed a lot Tirana Powwows and trip back to Albania thanks to the incredibly amicable John and Paola.

I wish we'll have a similar one in Tirana, Albania one day!

See you all soon in Nice!

Elda

(Back in office)
Collapse

Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 23:31
English to Latvian
+ ...
Another big thank you Jul 6, 2009

Despite all the trouble getting to Ohrid and unfortunately missing most of the conference, I had a great time in the gala dinner, swimming sessions and on the next day, thank you so much for this event. I will certainly be coming back to Ohrid in order to explore the area more.

Greetings from Thessaloniki and see you around in the next conferences!

Austra

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
A wonderful experience Jul 6, 2009

It was my first international conference and if I could rate it, it would definitely be an A+. I'll make sure to inform the Croatian ProZians about this magnificent event. Thank you all, especially Hristina and Anne - you did an enormous job and you did it well!

Justine Sherwood
Justine Sherwood  Identity Verified
Italy
Dutch to English
+ ...
THANKS!! Jul 7, 2009

Thanks particularly to Anne and Hristina - I know you both worked really hard and hope you also had time to enjoy yourselves and relax a bit. Bet you're glad you're no longer getting text messages at 1.15 in the morning anymore!

I had a really great time and am glad I was able to see a corner of the world which I had not been to before. Looking forward to more conferences!

Justine

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
English to French
+ ...
Thank you all Jul 7, 2009

Thank you to Hristina for all her very very hard work on this event - she has in large quantity one of the most important ingredients of successful conference planning: passion and dedication. I'm very happy for you as you made your wish come true - I know that organizing a ProZ.com International conference is something you've been willing and waiting to do for over 2 years. KudoZ to you!

Thank you to our sponsors for their support of the event: SDL Trados Technologies, Continuum, Y
... See more
Thank you to Hristina for all her very very hard work on this event - she has in large quantity one of the most important ingredients of successful conference planning: passion and dedication. I'm very happy for you as you made your wish come true - I know that organizing a ProZ.com International conference is something you've been willing and waiting to do for over 2 years. KudoZ to you!

Thank you to our sponsors for their support of the event: SDL Trados Technologies, Continuum, Yamagata Europe, Oleg Rudavin, Quills Translation Services, Go Global Services, Casagrande Traducao, Apex Traduction. A very special thank you to the Congress Service Center Skopje, represented in Ohrid by Vesna and her team, for their precious help and support before and during the whole event. Thank you Vesna, Ivan, Milena and all others... it was fantastic meeting you and working with you.

And thank you, all of you, for the fantastic energy and spirit you all brought in your luggage to Ohrid. It was truly amazing to see you dancing every night until very late and finish the party in the Ohrid Lake, and being up for the morning sessions, with happy smiles on your faces. It was great so see you all so happy and so relaxed in Ohrid and we're really glad you had a memorable time.

I loved meeting so many of you and hope to see you again at future events!

Kind regards from Paris,
Anne
http://www.proz.com/conference
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:31
Italian to English
Memorable Jul 8, 2009

Thank you, especially to Hristina and Anne for their tireless work and patience but also to everyone who gave their time and expertise so generously to this amazing community.
This was my 4th International conference and this one undoubtedly rose to the occasion for the 10th anniversary celebrations.
I confess to having been sceptical about it due to the relative inaccessibility of Ohrid but, even though I was the only translator travelling from the UK and some regular friends were m
... See more
Thank you, especially to Hristina and Anne for their tireless work and patience but also to everyone who gave their time and expertise so generously to this amazing community.
This was my 4th International conference and this one undoubtedly rose to the occasion for the 10th anniversary celebrations.
I confess to having been sceptical about it due to the relative inaccessibility of Ohrid but, even though I was the only translator travelling from the UK and some regular friends were missing, the attendance of about 170 certainly proved me wrong and it was a pleasure to meet colleagues from the Balkans and Central Europe (with a truly humbling proficiency in my language) and the friendly people of Ohrid as well as a great opportunity to see the beautiful area of southern Macedonia.
In addition to eating too much, drinking slightly more than is good for me and not getting as much sleep as an elderly gentleman should, I managed to learn some useful tips, both from presenters and colleagues.
I just hope we don't have to wait another two years for the next one!
Collapse

Hristina Dojčinova
Hristina Dojčinova  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Macedonian
+ ...
No, no - thank YOU! Jul 9, 2009

Dear ProZians, old friends and new friends!

I should be the one thanking you.

Yesterday afternoon, right after I sent off the last shuttle to the Skopje Airport as I was sitting on the terrace of hotel Metropol, looking at the beautiful lake (without having my phone ringing every second) I’ve only just realized what happened

I extend this thank you note to all those who came to the 6th Pr
... See more
Dear ProZians, old friends and new friends!

I should be the one thanking you.

Yesterday afternoon, right after I sent off the last shuttle to the Skopje Airport as I was sitting on the terrace of hotel Metropol, looking at the beautiful lake (without having my phone ringing every second) I’ve only just realized what happened

I extend this thank you note to all those who came to the 6th ProZ.com International Conference in Ohrid, and brought their families, friends, partners as well, to mark the 10th Anniversary of the site –Thank you for coming to Macedonia to make this event as memorable as I believe it will be for most attendees.

Although it is impossible to suit everybody’s wishes and preferences, I did my best to make you all feel welcome in my country and I can only hope you were happy with all the aspects of the event.
Special thanks to Henry who honoured us with his attendance and shared the secret of ProZ.com’s success, and to Anne, Drew, Leslie, Vesna & the Congress Service Center for the support on site, and Biba, Milena, Sofi…And last but not least, the greatest thanks goes to my brother Ivan who managed to cope with me and my ‘instructions’ for assistance during the conference days!

Yours,

Hristina
Collapse

Kalinka Hristova
Kalinka Hristova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 23:31
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

It was great... Jul 9, 2009

...and I felt like home. What more could I ask for?...

Gabriela Nikolova
Gabriela Nikolova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
English to Macedonian
+ ...
greetings! Jul 9, 2009

I already gave my feedback, but now I would like to remind you of Ohrid...

Тo all of you...

with the best old Macedonian songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqFKdEHAVo

<
... See more
I already gave my feedback, but now I would like to remind you of Ohrid...

Тo all of you...

with the best old Macedonian songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqFKdEHAVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKRaXPYSzKY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpyYiuOt088&feature=related

Gabriela
Collapse

Milena Chkripeska
Milena Chkripeska  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Member (2009)
English to Macedonian
+ ...

Long live the ProZians! Jul 9, 2009

Am I supposed to write something else? Actually, a picture (gallery) is worth a thousand words...

And Hris, you've just proved that you are a real COLOSSUS (I hope the moderator - hugs to you, girl! - won't remove this part of the post)

Helena (Ujka) Danja
Helena (Ujka) Danja
Albania
German to Albanian
+ ...
Thank you for the beautiful experience I had! Jul 10, 2009

I was my first international conference, and I was very happy to meet so many people from all around the world and so many colleagues.

And thank you, all of you, for the fantastic energy and spirit you had in Ohrid Conference.

It was truly amazing to see you dancing every night until very late and finish the party in the Ohrid Lake.

It was great so see you all so happy and so relaxed in Ohrid.

A very special thank you to John and Paola
... See more
I was my first international conference, and I was very happy to meet so many people from all around the world and so many colleagues.

And thank you, all of you, for the fantastic energy and spirit you had in Ohrid Conference.

It was truly amazing to see you dancing every night until very late and finish the party in the Ohrid Lake.

It was great so see you all so happy and so relaxed in Ohrid.

A very special thank you to John and Paola for their kindly friendship and yes to all of you "Punë e mbarë".

Hugs from Tirana
Helena Danja Ujka

[Edited at 2009-07-10 10:12 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Ohrid conference 2009 - Thank you - blagodaram!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »