Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 5, 2011

Dear all,

This thread is dedicated to discussions, information and tips on accommodation during the Rome conference.

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Daniela

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
Any accommodation discounts? Feb 7, 2011

Hi Daniela,

I'm about to plan my trip to Rome. Will there be any discounts for accommodation at Hotel dei Congressi for participants in the ProZ conference?

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
special rate available available Feb 7, 2011

Hello Erik!

Yes, there is a discount available (see Accommodation tab in the conference page http://www.proz.com/conference/205?page=accommodation ).

Standard rates at the hotel are 140 € for a single room and 190 € for a double room.

When booking, you should use the keyword "ProZ.com" to secure your room from the available allotment that th
... See more
Hello Erik!

Yes, there is a discount available (see Accommodation tab in the conference page http://www.proz.com/conference/205?page=accommodation ).

Standard rates at the hotel are 140 € for a single room and 190 € for a double room.

When booking, you should use the keyword "ProZ.com" to secure your room from the available allotment that the conference venue has reserved at a special rate for conference attendees:

100,00 € single room, 130,00 € double room (VAT, WI-FI access and breakfast included) - rates are per night.

Ciao

[Edited at 2011-02-07 14:11 GMT]
Collapse

AllisonK (X)
AllisonK (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
extra nights Feb 12, 2011

FYI, if you are planning on staying longer, i.e., arriving several days before the conference and/or remaining in Rome longer, the price I was quoted for a single room at the conference hotel is € 119 per night (outside of the period 20 - 23/5; it was € 100 per night for those nights). This is still lower than the regular price.

Anna Aleshkina
Anna Aleshkina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:47
Russian to English
+ ...
Other options to stay in Rome Feb 15, 2011

Dear Daniela!
I want to participate in the conference but want to stay in another hotel or rent a room for smaller price. Please inform me of other options.

Sincerely,
Anna

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
details to help you look for alternative options Feb 16, 2011

Hello Anna,
many thanks for expressing your interest in the 1st ProZ.com Europe International Conference.

Accommodation is not included in any of the conference packages.

Here is some information that you might find useful when considering distances in case of alternatives (I suggest you try booking.com or tripadviso
... See more
Hello Anna,
many thanks for expressing your interest in the 1st ProZ.com Europe International Conference.

Accommodation is not included in any of the conference packages.

Here is some information that you might find useful when considering distances in case of alternatives (I suggest you try booking.com or tripadvisor.com or this link from Rome's official website http://www.060608.it/en/accoglienza/dormire ):

The Conference venue is the Hotel dei Congressi.
The area, a modern business district, is called EUR.

There is a metro stop (line B) less than five minutes walk from the venue (name of the stop "EUR Fermi").
Line B stops the main train station (stop Termini) and also stops at other well known landmarks such as the Colosseum (stop Colosseo) and the Pyramid (stop Piramide).

Click here for the metro map http://en.turismoroma.it/benvenuti_a_roma/metro_map
Click here for further information on public transport
http://en.turismoroma.it/benvenuti_a_roma/muoversi_in_citta

Rome offers many options for all kinds of budgets. However, I suggest you be very wary of any hotel near the Termini train station (as in all large cities, the area around the central station can become quite dodgy, especially at night).

I look forward to seeing you in Rome,
ciao
Daniela
Collapse

Anna Aleshkina
Anna Aleshkina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:47
Russian to English
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 16, 2011

Dear Daniela!

Thank you very much for so detailed info. Need some time to examine.

Hope to be able to make all steps in time.

Sincerely,
Anna

Axelle Arbonnier
Axelle Arbonnier  Identity Verified
Belgium
German to French
+ ...
Gala dinner Feb 17, 2011

Hi Daniela,

Do you know whether the Saturday evening Gala dinner is taking place in the EUR area too - I'm hesitating between booking a room in this area (which would of course be much more convenient if the dinner was there) or in a more central/touristic area of Rome. Thank you.

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gala Dinner venue distance from conference venue Feb 21, 2011

AxelleArbonnier wrote:

Do you know whether the Saturday evening Gala dinner is taking place in the EUR area too -

Hello Axelle,
please accept my apologies for not answering sooner.
The Gala Dinner venue is still being vetted, however it will not be too far.
If all goes as planned (I will be updating information on social events further on), the venue I am planning to use for the Gala Dinner will be half-way between the conference venue and the centre of Rome (within easy reach by taxi or public transport in both directions).

Ciao
D.

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Partners Feb 22, 2011

Hi Daniela
some questions regarding lunches/dinners:
- Would it be possible to have spouses come to the gala dinner and during lunches? If so, what would be the price?
- Or, would it be possible to renounce gala dinner and have the total package price discounted by its cost?
I'll be there with husband and a 6-month boy that I'll need to feed (the newbord) at regular intervals.
Pamela

[Modificato alle 2011-02-22 18:09 GMT]

Axelle Arbonnier
Axelle Arbonnier  Identity Verified
Belgium
German to French
+ ...
Gala dinner venue Feb 22, 2011

Thank you Daniela for your response. Looking forward to attending this event in Rome.
Best regards,
Axelle

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Additional guests Feb 22, 2011

Pamela Brizzola wrote:

- Would it be possible to have spouses come to the gala dinner and during lunches? If so, what would be the price?
- Or, would it be possible to renounce gala dinner and have the total package price discounted by its cost?
I'll be there with husband and a 6-month boy that I'll need to feed (the newbord) at regular intervals.

[Modificato alle 2011-02-22 18:09 GMT]

Hello Pamela,
first of all congratulations for the new member in your family!

There is an option on the conference page to buy an extra ticket for guests, partners, spouses etc. to attend the gala dinner , the price is 60,00 EUR.

There is currently no option to purchase the conference package without the gala dinner (except for the one day pass and the student package).

If you have any different specific requirements, I suggest you to contact ProZ.com staff by opening a support request http://www.proz.com/support/

I look forward to meeting you in Rome,
ciao
Daniela

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:47
French to English
+ ...
Hotel Cristofore Columbo Mar 3, 2011

Hi Daniela,

Another thread, started by Jerzy, has mentioned the Hotel Cristofore Columbo as a possible altetnative to the conference hotel. I wonder if anyone who knows Rome can advise me whether this is within walking distance of the conference hotel. It certainly looks nice, but I can't tell from the maps just how close it is. I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Claire

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
distance Hotel Colombo / Hotel Congressi Mar 3, 2011

Hello Claire,
thanks for expressing your interest in the Rome Conference!
These two hotels are not very far apart.
You could either walk (approx 20 mins) or take a bus.
If you walk, you need to cross a big road and negotiate your survival against Italian traffic (viale Cristoforo Colombo);-)
Let me check which buses will take you there safely! I will post back in a few minutes.
Ciao
D.

Daniela Zambrini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2.1 Km between hotels Mar 3, 2011

Ciao Claire

walking distance between Hotel Cristoforo Colombo and Hotel dei Congressi is 2.1 Km (google maps says 28 mins walk)

buses:
250 metres from Hotel Cristoforo Colombo there is a bus stop (name of the Stop COLOMBO/ATLANTICO)
you can take any of these buses, they will leave you at the metro stop Line B EUR Fermi (which is round the conrner from the Hotel dei Congressi)
705 (for 2
... See more
Ciao Claire

walking distance between Hotel Cristoforo Colombo and Hotel dei Congressi is 2.1 Km (google maps says 28 mins walk)

buses:
250 metres from Hotel Cristoforo Colombo there is a bus stop (name of the Stop COLOMBO/ATLANTICO)
you can take any of these buses, they will leave you at the metro stop Line B EUR Fermi (which is round the conrner from the Hotel dei Congressi)
705 (for 2 stops)

This link will help to search public transport routes in Rome (indicate starting point and arrival point) http://infopoint.atac.roma.it/bw.asp?lingua=ENG

Ciao!
D.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Rome conference 2011: accommodation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »