ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Accomodations
Thread poster: Sales Admin
Sales Admin
Sales Admin

Local time: 16:37
English
Apr 10, 2012

Dear all,

This thread is dedicated to discussions, information, tips and exchanges related to accommodations for attendees of the June 9-10 2012 ProZ.com international conference in Barcelona, ESP.

Hoteles Catalonia offers Proz.com a special 10% discount on all of their hotels in Barcelona!

You can choose among 21 hotels, 3 and 4 stars, all of them with free Wi-Fi connection. Some of them even have swimming pool, spa or rooftop terrace!

... See more
Dear all,

This thread is dedicated to discussions, information, tips and exchanges related to accommodations for attendees of the June 9-10 2012 ProZ.com international conference in Barcelona, ESP.

Hoteles Catalonia offers Proz.com a special 10% discount on all of their hotels in Barcelona!

You can choose among 21 hotels, 3 and 4 stars, all of them with free Wi-Fi connection. Some of them even have swimming pool, spa or rooftop terrace!

How to benefit from the offer:

1. Go to their webpage: Hoteles Catalonia

2. Click on *Código corporativo/promocional (top left corner, under Bookings)

3. Introduce the code: PROZ2012

4. Make the booking!

Once you introduce the code, the page will be in English. The offer applies to all of the hotels, for any amount of nights. The first price does not include breakfast, if you want the room to include breakfast you have to specify it.

More information can be found here: http://www.proz.com/conference/305?page=accommodation
Collapse

Patricia de Gispert
Patricia de Gispert  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask anything you need to know! Apr 12, 2012

Hello all!

I am the organiser of the Barcelona International Conference. Feel free to ask any questions related to accommodation and I will try my best to help you in anything you may need.

Regards,

Patricia de Gispert
Conference organiser

Patricia de Gispert
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
Planning to stay more than two nights? Take a look at these appartments! Apr 12, 2012

BCNinternet Appartments offer assistants to the conference a 5% discount on their appartments in Barcelona!

1. Go to their webpage: http://www.bcninternet.com/

2. Look for an appartment and check if it's available for the dates you need.

3. If the price suits you, send an e-mail
... See more
BCNinternet Appartments offer assistants to the conference a 5% discount on their appartments in Barcelona!

1. Go to their webpage: http://www.bcninternet.com/

2. Look for an appartment and check if it's available for the dates you need.

3. If the price suits you, send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +34 934 521 315 and say you are attending the Proz.com conference. You have to mention Proz.com in order to benefit from the offer.

4. You will be asked to pay a 15% deposit in advance and the other 80% you can pay it when you enter the appartment.
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Considering attending Apr 13, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am considering attending but found the prices for the recommended hotel rather high even with the 10% discount. I checked the http://www.booking.com website and the same hotel is considerably cheaper. You can also find many other hotels with excellent facilities and rates to suit every budget.

Thought I'd let everyone know.

Hope to be there!
Marijke

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:37
Italian to English
To Marijke Apr 13, 2012

Just checked your comparison Marijke and I'm not sure you're right (for the Plaza Calalunya at least).
I'm staying an extra night and the booking agency you mention offers a single room for 3 nights at £520 (€625 approx.) while the hotel website price (using Patricia's promotional code) is €567.

I have to agree, however, that there are much cheaper hotels in the vicinity, of the same star rating, apparently of decent standard and with favourable customer reviews.
Mi
... See more
Just checked your comparison Marijke and I'm not sure you're right (for the Plaza Calalunya at least).
I'm staying an extra night and the booking agency you mention offers a single room for 3 nights at £520 (€625 approx.) while the hotel website price (using Patricia's promotional code) is €567.

I have to agree, however, that there are much cheaper hotels in the vicinity, of the same star rating, apparently of decent standard and with favourable customer reviews.
Mine (The Atlantis) is costing under €300.
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Addendum Apr 13, 2012

Sorry Russell. I am staying 4 nights and then it is cheaper through the other website (at least 100 pounds cheaper). How very peculiar all of this is.

Trying to work and book a holiday. Always a bad combination!

Patricia de Gispert
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
To Marijke and Russel Apr 16, 2012

Thank you for your comments! It is always good to know there are cheaper options to suit everyone!

Please let me know if I can help in any way!

Patricia

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Renting an apartment and sharing it May 8, 2012

Anyone interested in renting this place and splitting the costs: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/80338

From Friday to Monday, would be about 350 USD per person for 3 nights and we could have a great party

John

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Other option May 8, 2012

John Di Rico wrote:

Anyone interested in renting this place and splitting the costs: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/80338

From Friday to Monday, would be about 350 USD per person for 3 nights and we could have a great party

John

Or this place: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/347310

A little bit cheaper...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ.com 2012 international conference - Barcelona - Accomodations

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »