ProZ conference Barcelona: Netherlands EC football match on Saturday
Thread poster: Karen van der Loo
Karen van der Loo
Karen van der Loo  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:00
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jun 4, 2012

I am participating in the ProZ conference in Barcelona this coming weekend, but would not want to miss the Netherlands playing their first EC match on Saturday.
Any Dutch people interested in joining me? I'm sure I can find a venue with big screen tv's to watch our boys play (and hopefully win)!

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 06:00
French to English
+ ...
Why only Dutch people? Jun 5, 2012

I'm sure a few Danes might be interested, and anyone else who enjoys watching the beautiful game. I'd be up for it. If you want the best atmosphere, then I'd suggest either the Taverna Amsterdam or the Edda Nordisk bar. The latter is much nearer the venue, though obviously you'd be outnumbered! If you fancy somewhere quieter we can just find a local bar, but they might not want to put the sound on.

Karen van der Loo
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Of course! Jun 6, 2012

You're absolutely right, Timothy. Danes and any other football fans are very welcome too.
The Taverna Amsterdam is an excellent suggestion, and there's also a big Irish pub on a square at the end of the Ramblas (near Columbus), left hand side. Can't remember what it's called, but they will probably have the game on too.

All-in Global
All-in Global
Malta
Local time: 06:00
Member (2009)
Edda closed Jun 9, 2012

Edda is closed, we head for taverna amsterdam for den-hol. Suggestions for where to watch other games welcomed!

Karen van der Loo
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dow Jones has space left Jun 9, 2012

Amsterdam is FULL. Some space left at dow jones around the corner

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ conference Barcelona: Netherlands EC football match on Saturday

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »