Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:13
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
If I take my husband with me - how much will he pay? Jan 30, 2007

Hi Csaba,

My husband is thinking about visiting Budapest with me. He is not a translator and so he would only walk around the town during the conference sessions and he would like to join me on the evenings. How much will he pay then? Dies the price for double room in Hotel Benczúr apply also for "guests, partners etc."? I learnt he may buy the "guests" Danube sail..., but what about the next dinner?
Thanks for you reply...
Veronika

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
odpoved' Jan 30, 2007

Nazdar Veroniko!

You have to arrange your hotel booking individually. Double rooms are not much more expensive than single ones. So if you take your husband with you, he can of course stay with you, and you will pay for a double room. The price of the room includes breakfast as well. Make sure you mention the booking number and my name when booking the room.

Your dinner on the Danube cruise is included in your registration fee. You can take along guest, for which you h
... See more
Nazdar Veroniko!

You have to arrange your hotel booking individually. Double rooms are not much more expensive than single ones. So if you take your husband with you, he can of course stay with you, and you will pay for a double room. The price of the room includes breakfast as well. Make sure you mention the booking number and my name when booking the room.

Your dinner on the Danube cruise is included in your registration fee. You can take along guest, for which you have to pay extra (most of the fee goes for the buffet dinner, the rest is for boat rental).

As for other evenings, everybody will pay for their own consumption, participants and guests alike.

I hope this explains your question.

zdravim,
Csaba
Collapse

Izabella Kraus
Izabella Kraus  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Would any of the ladies want to share a double room with me ? Feb 16, 2007

I am thinking of staying one or two nights : Saturday to Sunday and maybe Sunday to Monday.

Martin Janda
Martin Janda  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
Anyone to share a men's room Sat till Tuesday? Feb 26, 2007

Hi all,

I am looking for someone(s) to share a double/triple room in Benczur or, if full, Délibáb. I am coming on Sat, April 28 and leaving on Tue, May 1.

Thanks
Martin

Csaba Ban
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
alternative places to stay Feb 26, 2007

Benczúr seems to fill up within a few days, probably by March 1st. The hotel actually has 153 rooms, but it is their contractual obligation to keep 33 rooms in a contingent for a central hotel booking system. Now, it is quite likely that another 10 rooms can be freed up for us, i.e. we will have 130 rooms, and 23 will be reserved. If any of these rooms remain unreserved until about a week before the actual date, they fall back to the disposal of the hotel.

It is, however, possible
... See more
Benczúr seems to fill up within a few days, probably by March 1st. The hotel actually has 153 rooms, but it is their contractual obligation to keep 33 rooms in a contingent for a central hotel booking system. Now, it is quite likely that another 10 rooms can be freed up for us, i.e. we will have 130 rooms, and 23 will be reserved. If any of these rooms remain unreserved until about a week before the actual date, they fall back to the disposal of the hotel.

It is, however, possible to book rooms within the reserved contingent, by booking through any of the large online hotel booking web portals. The price will be most probably higher than the ones negotiated for our conference.

As for Délibáb, they only have 34 rooms altogether and as of now (Feb 26) they are 80% full for that particular weekend, i.e. they have 7 or 8 rooms free.

I will try to strike a group deal with two other hotels, one of them 4-star, but at the lower end, the other one is 2-star. Don't count on them just yet... but stay tuned for updated news.

Cs.
Collapse

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Somebody to share a room with me??? Feb 28, 2007

Hello!
I will be arrving to Budapest on 28th of march and I look for someone who would like to share a double room with me.
Is there anyone??
Please contact me asap.
Thank you!

Kin regards,
Helena

Monica Paolillo
Monica Paolillo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
what is the name of the area exactly? Mar 6, 2007

Dear Csaba,

I was wondering if you could tell us the name of the area of the hotel so that we can find possible accommodation alternatives. You linked us to the map on Google but that does not help in this respect. Is it "Pest" as someone suggested? Thanks for any information. Monica

Csaba Ban
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Area Mar 6, 2007

"Pest" is about 70% of Budapest, so it's way too general as an "area".

Hotel Benczúr is in district 6, near Heroes Square (Hősök tere), and close to Andrássy út.

When Benczúr filled up last week, I called about 10 hotels (2 to 5 stars) in the wider area and almost all of them were already booked solid for the conference weekend.

I did find a few rooms in some hotels, and I immediately reserved them for participants of our conference. These are listed
... See more
"Pest" is about 70% of Budapest, so it's way too general as an "area".

Hotel Benczúr is in district 6, near Heroes Square (Hősök tere), and close to Andrássy út.

When Benczúr filled up last week, I called about 10 hotels (2 to 5 stars) in the wider area and almost all of them were already booked solid for the conference weekend.

I did find a few rooms in some hotels, and I immediately reserved them for participants of our conference. These are listed on the main conference page and in the first post of this thread.

Csaba
Collapse

miro_s (X)
miro_s (X)  Identity Verified
Serbia
new accommodation? Mar 24, 2007

Dear all,
Any ideas for accommodation for the conference?
By the answers from the hotels listed, it seems that I was a bit late to book a room on time, so any ideas you might have would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Miroslav

Csaba Ban
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hotel Ibis still has several rooms Mar 25, 2007

I just talked to Hotel Ibis Váci út on Friday and on that day they still had 18 rooms for us. There's a "mailto" link from the conference page, use that for booking.

If these 18 rooms are gone, but they still have rooms otherwise, they will open up a new contingent for us. (The hotel has over 300 rooms in total).

Csaba

miro_s (X)
miro_s (X)  Identity Verified
Serbia
thank you! Mar 25, 2007

Thank you!

lenapires
lenapires
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Corinthia Mar 27, 2007

Dear Csaba,

Hi. I have a double room booked at the Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal and I'm taking my husband with me as we'll avail the opportunity to see Budapest for the first time. I also would like to confirm the availability to take guests to the dinner cruise on the Danube.

My question is the following: is Corinthia in the near area of the Conference Hotel? Can I go to the Conference on foot or shall I go by transport?

Looking forward to your reply.
... See more
Dear Csaba,

Hi. I have a double room booked at the Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal and I'm taking my husband with me as we'll avail the opportunity to see Budapest for the first time. I also would like to confirm the availability to take guests to the dinner cruise on the Danube.

My question is the following: is Corinthia in the near area of the Conference Hotel? Can I go to the Conference on foot or shall I go by transport?

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers from Portugal!
Helena
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not too far Mar 27, 2007

Grand Hotel Royal is an excellent choice, and it's not too far from Benczúr. You can get there on foot in about 15 minutes. When you exit Royal, turn right on Erzsébet körút, and take the first street to the right (Király utca). After about 5 or 6 blocks, you will arrive to a much greener area. At some point you will see a church to your right and the Polish embassy to your left. Here, you should turn left (at Bajza utca), then take the first street to the right (Benczúr utca).
You
... See more
Grand Hotel Royal is an excellent choice, and it's not too far from Benczúr. You can get there on foot in about 15 minutes. When you exit Royal, turn right on Erzsébet körút, and take the first street to the right (Király utca). After about 5 or 6 blocks, you will arrive to a much greener area. At some point you will see a church to your right and the Polish embassy to your left. Here, you should turn left (at Bajza utca), then take the first street to the right (Benczúr utca).
You can also use public transport on the same route, i.e. getting on an electric bus (No. 78) at Király utca and getting off when it turns right at the church I mentioned above.

Yes, it is possible to take along guests. You can either pay online (EUR 35) or in cash when you arrive (HUF 9000).

regards,
Csaba
Collapse

Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:13
English to Latvian
+ ...
FYI - room at Hotel Ibis Apr 3, 2007

I just cancelled my reservation in Hotel Ibis, so now there is definitely a single room available there.

I will be staying at Radio Inn, has anyone made a reservation there? The only confirmation I have is an e-mail from the manager, saying they'll be waiting for me - they didn't ask for my credit card number, just home address and phone, I wonder if that is indeed an official confirmation?

Austra

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Budget accommodation Apr 4, 2007

Hi all,

I stumbled on this:
http://www.hostelworld.com/ryanair/findabed.php?ChosenCity=Budapest&ChosenCountry=Hungary&Language=English

I hope it can be of help.

Mats

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Budapest Conference 2007 - Accommodation Forum

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »