proz.com´s promise or the intention to collect funds abroad...
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 08:11
English to German
+ ...
Mar 30, 2008

cannot be feasible in many countries, due to lack of legal status. Only this afternoon I have posted a remark about an Nth outsourcer and I see the same screens always " do you wish that proz.com collects the outstanding amount on your behalf" , " enter the value " I say yes, but it does not happen. I could submit as many invoices for the correct work deliverd tuning to over €15000 in various countries. This sounds like an empty promise or offer. I am not happy with that either. After all I do... See more
cannot be feasible in many countries, due to lack of legal status. Only this afternoon I have posted a remark about an Nth outsourcer and I see the same screens always " do you wish that proz.com collects the outstanding amount on your behalf" , " enter the value " I say yes, but it does not happen. I could submit as many invoices for the correct work deliverd tuning to over €15000 in various countries. This sounds like an empty promise or offer. I am not happy with that either. After all I do full job and do not receive payment, so here is the option that the management collects may be decucts some percentile but nothing ever happens. Brandis

[Edited at 2008-03-30 13:30]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 03:11
SITE STAFF
Option for registering non-payment issue when making LWA entry Mar 31, 2008

Dear Brandis,

It sounds like you are referring to the form which you may optionally fill out when making an LWA entry if there is a non-payment issue present. The wording has been "I authorize ProZ.com to use my name in communications with outsourcers in regards to non-payment". This has been expanded to

I authorize ProZ.com to use my name in communications with outsourcers in regards to non-payment (Please note that ProZ.com is not responsible for collecting payments)

in order to help avoid any other possible confusion. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

proz.com´s promise or the intention to collect funds abroad...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »