Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Connect spinoff: new directory (and job posting system) with real-time filtering
Thread poster: Jon Peck

Jon Peck  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:25
English
TOPIC STARTER
Location requirement improved May 16, 2008

Lynda Tharratt wrote:

Hi,

Although I like the new format, even if it is a tad slow, there seems to be a slight glitch. I noticed that when I did a search just to see where I came up, my name appeared when I searched under "any country" and when I specified the country, province and city, I also appeared, but when I searched under country and province only, my name was not on the list. Strange...

Best regards,
Lynda
Lynda,

As a follow-up, I've made some changes to the location algorithm that improve the quality of matches.

Best regards,
Jon

Direct link Reply with quote

moken  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
You're welcome! May 17, 2008

Hi John,

As per your request, I just completed the survey you're running.

When I submitted it, the screen switched to a message reading "Survey completed".

You might want to add "Thank you".

Cheekily,

Alvaro

English
TOPIC STARTER
Layout, display and speed improvements; new features May 21, 2008

All,

Thank you all for your feedback - the survey response has been massive. I've made a large number of changes to the directory, including:

* Display Verified Identification (VID) icon and link
* Display account type (freelancer, company, etc.)
* Display website in details (if available and visible)
* Reduced amount of requests between browser and server (faster response)
* Better layout
* Clarified controls and labels

More updates and improvements are on the way.

...When I submitted it, the screen switched to a message reading "Survey completed". You might want to add "Thank you".
Álvaro,

Thanks for the suggestion; I've noted it for future reference.

Thank you again for using the site! Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or requests.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff Developer

CristianBerlin  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:25
French to Italian
+ ...
the new interface confuses me May 23, 2008

Hallo,

I tried for the first time to post a translation job for two langauges with the new interfache, but I am not sure it got to anyone. I did not receive any offer yet, what was never the case before.
How can you "post the job" when you are ready with its description? Can you ask for more languages in the same job post, or you need more?

How can you decide, if the job should go to not platinum meber as well?

Thanks and regards

Cristian

English
TOPIC STARTER
Posting a job in multiple languages May 29, 2008

CristianBerlin wrote:

Hallo,

I tried for the first time to post a translation job for two langauges with the new interfache, but I am not sure it got to anyone. I did not receive any offer yet, what was never the case before.
How can you "post the job" when you are ready with its description? Can you ask for more languages in the same job post, or you need more?

How can you decide, if the job should go to not platinum meber as well?

Thanks and regards

Cristian
Cristian,

Welcome to the ProZ.com forum!

Your job post was seen by a number of people; all Connect jobs will be reviewed by a site staff member before it becomes visible to others. If you would like to not be reviewed, send a request to sourcing@proz.com and your job posting history and blue board will checked by a staff member.

To post a job in multiple languages, you can start at the job posting page:

http://www.proz.com/connect/job?classic_hybrid=y

Fill out the description, then click "Edit requirements" at the bottom.

Under languages, select your first language pair. When complete, a link at the bottom of the criteria will appear labeled "add another language pair". Click that, and you can add additional language pairs. You can choose whether or not to require both (AND) or allow either pair (OR). You are not limited in the number of language pairs that you can add to a job, but I recommend keeping the number of matches below 300 to be most effective - around 100 seems to be a good number.

When you're ready, just click "Submit job" and it will ask you if you're ready to preview the final posting.

As for platinum membership, use the "ProZ.com Membership" requirement.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff Developer

English
TOPIC STARTER
New "file format" requirement, interface improvements May 30, 2008

All,

In response to your feedback, a number of improvements have been made to the directory, including:

* Added new "file format" requirement (Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
* List native language(s) under language pair(s)
* Contextually appropriate Job posting button ("submit job" when a job has been started)
* Action button cleanup
* Additional speed and optimization improvements (less to load)

Connect job postings have been improved as well, including:

* Display the number of applications
* Layout cleanup and clarification

Thank you for using the site! As always, your questions, comments and feedback are welcome.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff Developer

Christina Moreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:25
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Can't see the quotes I provided through Connect Jul 8, 2008

Hi.

I've quoted for 3 jobs through Connect and was awarded one of them, but I can't see my quotes. I saw them once, when the last job post still opened, but after it was closed I couldn't reach them anymore, unlike the regular quotes on Proz. I think it has to be fixed.

Regards,

Christina.

Christina Moreira  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:25
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Again Aug 6, 2008

Hi.

I still waiting for a guidance of how I can see the quotes I provided through Connect. Now there is a disagreement between the company I provided my work and I, and the way to solve it would be acessing the job post but I can't reach it, as I can reach all my other quotes provided through the regular Proz.com service.

Christina.

Jared Tabor
Local time: 17:25
SITE STAFF
Your Connect quote history Aug 6, 2008

Hello Christina,

You can access your Connect quote history under the "My ProZ.com" tab, "My Connections", or directly at http://search.proz.com/projectconnect/manage

Best regards,

Jared

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Messages via Connect Sep 4, 2008

I sent my quote for a "Connect" job a couple of days ago. I didn't hear anything until today when the agency got in touch with me saying they had already sent me a message via connect which I hadn't replied to.

I was a bit surprised to hear that since I had received no email notifying me of any message. I now found the message under "My connections" but isn't there some mistake? Surely one could expect to be notified by email.

English
TOPIC STARTER
Investigating the issue Sep 4, 2008

Katharina Loos wrote:

I sent my quote for a "Connect" job a couple of days ago. I didn't hear anything until today when the agency got in touch with me saying they had already sent me a message via connect which I hadn't replied to.

I was a bit surprised to hear that since I had received no email notifying me of any message. I now found the message under "My connections" but isn't there some mistake? Surely one could expect to be notified by email.
Katharina,

Thank you for reporting this issue; I am actively investigating the cause.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff Developer

English
TOPIC STARTER
No immediate cause found Sep 4, 2008

Dear Katharina,

I spent several hours examining the code in question, sending test messages, checking logs and searching our databases. At this time, my investigation into why you didn't receive that particular message is inconclusive. I have verified that the messaging system is sending you email, but I did not find the particular reply that was sent to you that you did not receive an email notification about. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. To reduce the risk of this happening again and to help pinpoint where a problem could have occurred if a message is not sent, I've made some modifications to the Connect messaging system that will log additional technical information. Please let us know if this occurs again by submitting a support ticket at http://www.proz.com/support and I will be glad to assist.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff Developer

Linda Flebus
Belgium
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
+ ...
How to get to "Among vendor's top 2 pairs"? Oct 2, 2008

Hi Jon,

I only just found out about the Connect Platform. I do have one question though: how does one get to the "Among vendor's top 2 pairs"?

Thank you for clarifying,

Linda

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
It refers to top 2 language pairs Oct 2, 2008

Linda Flebus wrote:

I only just found out about the Connect Platform. I do have one question though: how does one get to the "Among vendor's top 2 pairs"?

Thank you for clarifying,

Linda

Hi,

This refers to language pairs listed by translators. As some have more then 2 language pairs, outsourcers can limit their search only to those who list certain pair among first 2.
E.g. if someone lists the following languages:
ENG>FR
DE>FR
IT>FR
FR>IT
and the outsourcers searches for FR>IT translators (vendors) "who list this language pair among their top 2" - this person will not show up.

Hope this helps,
Magda

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connect spinoff: new directory (and job posting system) with real-time filtering

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search