Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:28
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2008

I received a job offer through the ProZ Connect system. It looked something like this:

"You have been sent the following message via the Project Connect message system.

Subject: Xxxxx to English Translation
Message type: Custom message"

Was this message sent to me directly from my directory listing as a result of a search or sent out to a group of translators who met this particular outsourcer's job requirements? And if so, to how many
... See more
I received a job offer through the ProZ Connect system. It looked something like this:

"You have been sent the following message via the Project Connect message system.

Subject: Xxxxx to English Translation
Message type: Custom message"

Was this message sent to me directly from my directory listing as a result of a search or sent out to a group of translators who met this particular outsourcer's job requirements? And if so, to how many people was it sent? I remember I used to receive regular jobs through ProZ that specified "this notice was sent to 100 translators". For the purpose of selecting my response, it is useful to know whether this outsourcer has contacted just me, a select handpicked few, or has just made a random search of the database.

What does Message type: Custom message mean and what are the other possible options for this section?
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:28
SITE STAFF
Custom messages sent from directory results Jul 23, 2008

Hello Jeff,

The type of message you received, "custom message" was sent from a Connect directory search. Outsourcers may perform a search and send customizable messages to one or more translators found in that search. With this type of message, as opposed to a job posting, it is not currently possible to see the number of recipients.

Best regards,

Jared

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 24, 2008

Thanks Jared! Just wondering.

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
English
Added to development todo Jul 24, 2008

Jeff,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added this to our development queue.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Staff Developer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions regarding Connect job notifications

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »