Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Announcing Beta of Prequalified Jobs
Thread poster: Andre Pellet (X)
Andre Pellet (X)
Andre Pellet (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:48
Jul 25, 2008

All,

We are releasing today the beta of a new extension to the ProZ.com Job System called “Prequalified Jobs” for corporate members. You can read more information about this feature here. You may begin receiving prequalified job offers and here's what those are all about.

Prequalified Jobs is designed to speed the process of getting jobs from the outsourcer to the prequalified providers – eliminating the
... See more
All,

We are releasing today the beta of a new extension to the ProZ.com Job System called “Prequalified Jobs” for corporate members. You can read more information about this feature here. You may begin receiving prequalified job offers and here's what those are all about.

Prequalified Jobs is designed to speed the process of getting jobs from the outsourcer to the prequalified providers – eliminating the coordination time spent before the work can start. What this means to you the provider, is that your customers have a more direct way of getting work to you on a regular basis. For the outsourcer, this simplifies the type of project that they already know can go to a selected group of regular providers. The result is a more efficient exchange between outsourcer and provider.

You will quickly notice that prequalified jobs are different than a regular job posting. In a typical job posting, all qualified candidates are notified at the same time, and the outsourcer has the opportunity to review all responses.

In prequalified Jobs, there are a few important differences:

1. Providers are notified over time, until a provider accepts the job or the list of candidates is exhausted.
  2. Outsourcers can easily work with favorite providers (either by pasting in emails or maintaining a private vendor database at ProZ.com).
  3. Outsourcers have the option to automate the assignment process, by automatically accepting the first quote below a specified threshold.
  4. The platform is used for file management, PO generation, and delivery of the final invoice.

We are looking forward to your feedback on how to make the system more efficient for providers and outsourcers. You may receive a prequalified job offer in the next few weeks – and the email get will contain information on the next step and a summary overview.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions. We look forward to your feedback!

Thank you,
André Pellet
COO
ProZ.com
Collapse

Gina Ferlisi
Gina Ferlisi
Local time: 10:48
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Prequalified Jobs” for corporate members Jul 27, 2008

Great Idea, pity it's only for corporated members and not for the rest of us, It would be nice for other prozian to see a trial version or a demo of how it works..mine is only an idea

Have a nice sunday

Gina

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:48
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
A few at a time Jul 27, 2008

Hi André,

I read: "Outsourcer ... chooses qualified service providers, who are automatically invited a few at a time". That sounds good. Could you divulge how many service providers receive an e-mail and in which intervals, for instance when a corporate member has prequalified twenty service providers.

Regards,
Gerard

Ivana Friis Søndergaard
Ivana Friis Søndergaard
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:48
Member (2008)
English to Danish
+ ...
No. 3? Jul 27, 2008

I don't understand this:

"Outsourcers have the option to automate the assignment process, by setting a threshold to auto-accept any quotes under it."

Doesn't that mean that the outsourcer ends up accepting all quotes by default if this option is chosen? Or does it mean that only the first bidder can "win" the job?

I appreciate that you are trying to find better and more efficient ways to post jobs - but it seems to me you are spending an awful lot of time o
... See more
I don't understand this:

"Outsourcers have the option to automate the assignment process, by setting a threshold to auto-accept any quotes under it."

Doesn't that mean that the outsourcer ends up accepting all quotes by default if this option is chosen? Or does it mean that only the first bidder can "win" the job?

I appreciate that you are trying to find better and more efficient ways to post jobs - but it seems to me you are spending an awful lot of time of benefits for the outsourcer. What are you doing for the providers? I only see little tweaks on the profile section.
Collapse

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree Jul 27, 2008

Gina Ferlisi wrote:

It would be nice for other prozian to see a trial version or a demo of how it works...

I don't want to venture an opinion on this new feature because I don't quite understand how it works

Would it be possible to setup a demo so that us translators can fully see what this feature entails and how it works (even if we cannot use it ourselves)?

Thank you

Andrea

Andre Pellet (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Prequalified Jobs - Open Demo Coming Jul 28, 2008

Gina & Andrea,

Thanks for the suggestions on opening a demo to allow more people to try Prequalified jobs. We are working on a demo mode which will allow you to post a sample prequalified job to yourself, so non-corporate members and freelance users can also test the system. We should have more information on this later today.

Thanks!

Andre

Andre Pellet (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Prequalified Jobs Interval Jul 28, 2008

Gerard,

Thanks for your post. Currently, Prequalified Jobs notifies translators in groups of 5, with 15 minute intervals between groups. So, 20 providers would be notified over 1 hr. Future updates will allow this to be user adjusted in the event you want to increase the intervals, or adjust the group size.

Thanks,

Andre

Andre Pellet (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Auto Threshold - how it works Jul 28, 2008

Ivana,

Thank you for your post. You are correct, what the auto threshold does is allow the system to "accept" the first quote under the threshold without the need of manual approval or review by the outsourcer.

You asked about the benefits to the provider. Take the example where you work with an outsourcer on a regular basis. You may have already agreed on rates between you and your customer. When the outsourcer puts this rate in, and post the job only to the prequa
... See more
Ivana,

Thank you for your post. You are correct, what the auto threshold does is allow the system to "accept" the first quote under the threshold without the need of manual approval or review by the outsourcer.

You asked about the benefits to the provider. Take the example where you work with an outsourcer on a regular basis. You may have already agreed on rates between you and your customer. When the outsourcer puts this rate in, and post the job only to the prequalified providers - your quote will automatically be accepted and you can start the work immediately. This allows you to get going much faster on the work without the wait.

In my experience, there were many times when we had a small job which needed to be done quickly, and we had 3-4 regular translators we would always use. However, the time to call each, check if they were available, get them the file and PO - took longer than the job itself. For both my team and the providers - it wasted a great deal of time. With this system, it allows the provider and outsourcer to create a more efficient pipeline for working together.

Thanks,

Andre
Collapse

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Self-test demo of prequalified jobs available Jul 29, 2008

Hi everyone,

As requested, we've made it possible for any logged-in user to experiment with prequalified jobs for testing purposes. To do so, just post a prequalified job and specify your own email address as the only service provider to invite. (For now, only corporate members can post a prequalified job to someone other than themselves.)

Click here to experiment with prequalified jobs now.

We encourage you to t
... See more
Hi everyone,

As requested, we've made it possible for any logged-in user to experiment with prequalified jobs for testing purposes. To do so, just post a prequalified job and specify your own email address as the only service provider to invite. (For now, only corporate members can post a prequalified job to someone other than themselves.)

Click here to experiment with prequalified jobs now.

We encourage you to try out this new system and let us know what you think. Your feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason
Collapse

Andrea Riffo
Andrea Riffo  Identity Verified
Chile
English to Spanish
+ ...
. Jul 29, 2008

Thank you, Jason & Andre

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
German to English
+ ...
Very slick! Jul 29, 2008

Jason Grimes wrote:
We encourage you to try out this new system and let us know what you think.

There are some obvious shortcomings like the lack of anything other than "words" or "total" for the units of calculation. Still, the interface is very straightforward. This is a useful new feature.

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Typo Jul 30, 2008

There is a typo:
"all before the work actaully starts.."

Andre Pellet (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Typo - Fixed Jul 30, 2008

Jeff,

Good catch - this has been fixed.

Thanks,

Andre

awilliams
awilliams
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Accepting first rate under threshold Jul 30, 2008

Is anyone else concerned about the facility to accept the first rate under a given threshold? Is there something I've missed? I don't see how this promotes quality. In fact, I was under the impression (clearly wrongly so) that the site was keen not to style job quotes as "bids". Will this feature not lead to translators lowering their rates (even) further to snatch that job?

Shame. If you could explain to me how this feature is positive to the translator I would be very grateful.

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing Beta of Prequalified Jobs

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »