Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:29
Member (2008)
English to Czech
Nov 5, 2008

Hello,

when you (want to) react to a job offer on Proz, where the customer is asking you to send your CV, yet the only answer option is "Submit Quote", no e-mail given directly in the ad, what do you do? Refer to your profile or try to look up the contact e-mail and respond that way? I have noticed this several times and would like to know the actual customer expectations etc... Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Mention the main points in the quote, and request full contact details Nov 5, 2008

Hi Tomas,
AFAIK ProZ.com staff are aware of the inability to attach a CV to a quote.

What I would suggest until this has been rectified is to include the main items of your profile in the quote, and to request full contact details (which you will need anyway before working for a new client).

Best regards,
Ralf

Sonja Kroll  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Send file beta Nov 5, 2008

I've used the send file beta function in this situation (the customer had a profile in that case).

Kind regards,
Sonja

Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
Malaysia
Local time: 16:29
English to Polish
+ ...
Copy and paste Nov 5, 2008

You can also try pasting your CV in the message box.

RichardDeegan
Local time: 03:29
Spanish to English
Via contact page Nov 6, 2008

I would indicate within the bid that vc is being sent by separate e-mail, then use the contact page to send an e-mail with the cv, using the exact same title as I put for the bid, plus "CV".
C6P of a cv into a mail will usually make it look like disorganized garbage, due to the format being chewed up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The job poster asks for CV - but he gives no e-mail

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search