Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 14, 2003

Dear colleagues,

Today's job section features a posting by an agency that supposedly has been banned from posting jobs on this site because of repeated complaints of non payment.

The problem is the agency operates under two different names, and has only been banned from posting under one of those names.

From what I can gather from the Blue Board entries, they are non-payers no matter what name they are using.

Is there any way to address this
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Today's job section features a posting by an agency that supposedly has been banned from posting jobs on this site because of repeated complaints of non payment.

The problem is the agency operates under two different names, and has only been banned from posting under one of those names.

From what I can gather from the Blue Board entries, they are non-payers no matter what name they are using.

Is there any way to address this matter?

I will be happy to provide details to moderators.

Best,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2003-10-31 21:55]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 20:51
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanks Susana Aug 14, 2003

You can send this information to any moderator who will communicate it to the Jobs Area.

Susana Galilea
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, Claudia Aug 14, 2003

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

You can send this information to any moderator who will communicate it to the Jobs Area.

check your email

S.G.

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
No complaints for the other agency Aug 14, 2003

Hi Susana,

One may rate an agency, only if (s)he has worked for it and we had negative comments and reported non-payment only for one agency.

We had no complaints at all for the second agency, AFAIK owned by the banned agency).

We can think that the same "payment" practice might be used by both, but no evidences so far.

I'd be glad to act, as soon as I have reported cases of non-payment.

Best,

Giuliana

Job
... See more
Hi Susana,

One may rate an agency, only if (s)he has worked for it and we had negative comments and reported non-payment only for one agency.

We had no complaints at all for the second agency, AFAIK owned by the banned agency).

We can think that the same "payment" practice might be used by both, but no evidences so far.

Best,

Giuliana

Jobs Area Coordinator
Collapse

Susana Galilea
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
blue board entry Aug 14, 2003

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hi Susana,

Best,

Giuliana

Jobs Area Coordinator

There is a Blue Board entry concerning the agency posting today which indicates the translator has not been paid.

This is what is leading me to assume the agency has the same payment practices, no matter what they call themselves. But it is indeed an assumption.

Maybe other colleagues with direct experience will see fit to come forward.

Thanks for your efforts.

S.G.

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Local time: 02:51
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
DR. Jek... and Mr. H... Aug 14, 2003

Susana Galilea wrote:

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hi Susana,

Best,

Giuliana

Jobs Area Coordinator

There is a Blue Board entry concerning the agency posting today which indicates the translator has not been paid.

This is what is leading me to assume the agency has the same payment practices, no matter what they call themselves. But it is indeed an assumption.

Maybe other colleagues with direct experience will see fit to come forward.

Thanks for your efforts.

Susana Galilea
www.accentonspanish.com[/quote]and so on...

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:51
Chinese to English
+ ...
Why allow 2 entries anyway? Aug 14, 2003

Why should one entity be allowed 2 aliases anyhow?

I can see -- MAYBE -- requiring a person to have worked for an agency before rating -- although there are other forms of contact that might be considered as well in qualifying a person to give a professional opinion as a translator of one's willingness to work with an agency. But I would very much like to be able to post a big "stay away" for a certain agency on the Blue Board that actually sent police to my home, among other games,
... See more
Why should one entity be allowed 2 aliases anyhow?

I can see -- MAYBE -- requiring a person to have worked for an agency before rating -- although there are other forms of contact that might be considered as well in qualifying a person to give a professional opinion as a translator of one's willingness to work with an agency. But I would very much like to be able to post a big "stay away" for a certain agency on the Blue Board that actually sent police to my home, among other games, a year ago. But since the cause of this was my comments in another forum after NOT accepting work from the agency in question, I cannot share this experience. (I'm not the only translator this happened to -- I have personal knowledge of at least four in my city.)
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:51
English to German
+ ...
Contact the Jobs Area coordinators Aug 16, 2003

Hi Susana,

The fastest way to address any such issues is to send a message to the Jobs Area coordinators.

Best regards, Ralf

Susana Galilea
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, Ralf Aug 16, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Susana,

The fastest way to address any such issues is to send a message to the Jobs Area coordinators.

Best regards, Ralf

I'll know who to contact next time.

Cheers,

S.G.

[Edited at 2003-10-31 21:56]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

banned agency still able to post jobs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »