Why don't I get all job notifications even if I qualify for the job?
Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 09:32
German to Romanian
+ ...
Aug 22, 2003

I have been browsing the job page to see that there are several jobs that I have not been notified of by email.
One such example is
http://www.proz.com/job/41690

I am listed with one of the language pairs, I live in the specified country, I am even Platinum, but still I did not receive a notification for the job.
I have also seen other jobs that I was not notified of, but I
... See more
I have been browsing the job page to see that there are several jobs that I have not been notified of by email.
One such example is
http://www.proz.com/job/41690

I am listed with one of the language pairs, I live in the specified country, I am even Platinum, but still I did not receive a notification for the job.
I have also seen other jobs that I was not notified of, but I am only quotng this one example here.

Please clear this up for me asap, because it's starting to bug me. It's not the first time I noticed that, but I only rarely browse through the job postings, because I rely on email notifications. It seems I shouldn't do that for the time being. Thanks.

[Edited at 2003-08-22 02:55]
Collapse

Stephen Lang
Stephen Lang  Identity Verified
French to English
I would contact support Aug 22, 2003

It could be something in the way your proz account is set up that you are not aware of. From what I have seen they are pretty quick to respond.

Ioana Bostan
Ioana Bostan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:32
English to Romanian
+ ...
You are right, Eli! Aug 22, 2003

The same is happening to me, and probably for most of us, I notice. I wondered several times why, but I couldn't find the answer myself.
I hope somebody will clear this up, otherwise we should keep an eye all the time on the jobs board and it's a little bit difficult.
All the best,
Ioana

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Filtering by rate Aug 22, 2003

As far as aI know, there is also a filtering by rate. Your profile includes a range of minimum - maximum rates for each pair. If the target rate of the job offered lies outside your range, then you will not be notified.
Regards
Enrique

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 09:32
German to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the job doesn't have a rate Aug 22, 2003

as far as I can tell, there is no reason for me not to receive the above-mentioned job notification. I have also seen others for which I qualify, so maybe someone from ProZ could explain what is going on

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why don't I get all job notifications even if I qualify for the job?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »