https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/139160-can_postings_related_to_the_database_extending_be_treated_as_job_announcements.html

Can postings related to the database extending be treated as Job Announcements?
Thread poster: Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 2, 2009

Greetings,

Of course this question directed first of all to site staff but IMHO sharing different point of views would help all of us.

When I see the steps on the job posting menu I understand that a job announcement should be based on the followings:

- A Definte job which needs to be translated by a translator
- A Negotiaon about a possible future job opportunity.

That means; A person who posts a job announcement should already have a kn
... See more
Greetings,

Of course this question directed first of all to site staff but IMHO sharing different point of views would help all of us.

When I see the steps on the job posting menu I understand that a job announcement should be based on the followings:

- A Definte job which needs to be translated by a translator
- A Negotiaon about a possible future job opportunity.

That means; A person who posts a job announcement should already have a known job or should be on the verge of getting a new job.

So if this system is already based on those principles (according to the menus) then how can you allow a posting which says about database extending or includes tons of languages?

There is an application page in the site for this purpose.

Please either stop such announcements which treat the translators as sheeps in a field (choose whatever you want) or explain the reasons why they are posted (if such announcements are in line with the current system).

Best Regards,

M. Ali
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:57
English to German
+ ...
Potential jobs Jul 2, 2009

Hi M. Ali,
The job posting form provides for a separate category for potential jobs:

Potential job
The potential job category is for outsourcers who have upcoming or possible jobs that need to find more service providers before they can acquire the job.

If you prefer not to be notified about potential job postings, you can change the settings on your Jobs dashboard.

Provided postings are flagged accordingly, in my view this represents a reasonable solution for outsourcers and freelancers alike.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can postings related to the database extending be treated as Job Announcements?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »